• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
MEandYou 6,487; NOAH 6,056. That's a lead of 431, all of a sudden! :thumbsup:

Well done, Tom Kindlon! And well done to everyone who's been putting out emails and generally prodding.

It's not in the bag and it's very far from over but we've pulled back a lot of ground.

Now we just have to keep it up! :cool:

snowathlete

Leading by over 500, and NOAH isn't able to respond except for mean comments...

Estimated ending is today at 23:00 CET.

Yeah, some of the comments from them have been really horrid throughout. The important thing is to rise above it (WITH VOTES!) and not respond in kind.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sasha, Stormberg wrote it on his Facebook page!!!!

Steinar J. Olsen crossed the border to Tvedestrand about 18:30. Expecting to go into the goal just before 23:00 tonight, if my legs hold (!).

We are close! Let's pray his legs hold!!!

Christine - thanks! That's weird - I've been looking at that Stormberg page and I can't see anything recent. Can you send me a link?

Must be getting dark in Norway now!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yeah, some of the comments from them have been really horrid throughout. The important thing is to rise above it (WITH VOTES!) and not respond in kind.

Yes, let's stay well out of that kind of rubbish. It's all about the votes! Keep telling your friends...

Simon

Thought I'd voted on this before, but clearly not as it's in Norwegian.

I couldn't see a 'Vote' button - just a radio button to select MEandYou. Is that enough, or am I missing something?

votes: 6,992 ahead of 6318 for NOAH

Purple

Bundle of purpliness

I couldn't see a 'Vote' button - just a radio button to select MEandYou. Is that enough, or am I missing something?

Yes, just click the circle/radio button next to MEandYou and your Facebook profile picture will appear next to MEandYou on the right, as a confirmation of your vote (as will your FB friends' small profile pictures of those who already voted). Thank you!!!

Sasha

Fine, thank you

That's it - just the radio button (and a total lack of instruction on the site, not that I'm bitter or anything).

Thanks for the votes update - I'm feeling much better about this than I was a few hours ago!

That is enough, just click the little circle to the left of MEandYou!

Christine - thanks! That's weird - I've been looking at that Stormberg page and I can't see anything recent. Can you send me a link?

Must be getting dark in Norway now!

It is on the Stormberg Facebook page. It is the first comment by Stormberg under the picture of his feet with the blisters. Let me know if you still are unable to find it.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It is on the Stormberg Facebook page. It is the first comment by Stormberg under the picture of his feet with the blisters. Let me know if you still are unable to find it.

Under his feet! Under! I didn't realise there was anything down there! o_O

Thank you!

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
Update as of a few moments ago in the comments under the voting poll:
Steinar J. Olsen krysset grensa til Tvedestrand ca kl 18:30. Forventer å gå inn i mål litt før kl 23:00 i kveld, hvis beina holder(!).

Google translated as:
Steinar J. Olsen crossed the border to Tvedestrand about 18:30. Expecting to go into the goal just before 23:00 tonight, if my legs hold (!).

If that's Norway time, it's 10pm UK/Ireland time and 5pm East of US time.

Incidentally, it may still be light where Mr Olsen is due to the midnight sun :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Update as of a few moments ago in the comments under the voting poll:
Steinar J. Olsen krysset grensa til Tvedestrand ca kl 18:30. Forventer å gå inn i mål litt før kl 23:00 i kveld, hvis beina holder(!).

Google translated as:

If that's Norway time, it's 10pm UK/Ireland time and 5pm East of US time.

An hour and a half to go, then - that's if they stop the voting when he stops walking.

Incidentally, it may still be light where Mr Olsen is due to the midnight sun :)

I hope so! He deserves not to be stumbling about in the dark!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
OK, votes: it's now MEandYou 7,229 and NOAH 6,460.

Wow! 769 votes difference and a few hours ago we were leading by about 14 votes...

I hope somebody's got a footbath ready for Steinar...

Steinar J. Olsen has about one (norwegian) mile left to go. 10 kilometers. I think that`s about seven (english) miles?
We can`t see the midnight sun here in the south of Norway (have to go further up north), but in summer the nights are so light there`s no chance Steinar will be stumbling around in the dark. :) It` s 10 PM now, only one hour left and MEandYou is leading with 7276 votes, over NOAH with 6503!

The top three causes that get the most votes will all benefit from the donation.
1: 100,000 kr, 2: 70,000 kr and 3: 40,000 kr. Yay.
(I don`t know if that was understandable. Too late and too foggy) :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It's 11:26 pm in Norway now but the vote still seems to be open - an amazing 7,652 vs 6,738.

These numbers really are amazing - I checked ten minutes ago and they were 7,576 vs 6,704.

This is an amazing surge! :thumbsup: