• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
OK, I'm awake again! :)

MEandYou are 4,921 and NOAH are 4,696! We're 225 ahead! Well done, over-the-pond and over-the-second-pond voters! :thumbsup:

It's not a safe margin, though - there's still a day to go - maybe til Steinar takes his boots offf or maybe midnight in Norway or maybe something else, we don't know... just got to keep voting and spreading the word.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yippee! We're over 5,000 votes now - I really do think that must be some sort of record.

MEandYou now 5,009 and NOAH 4,798. But that's still just 211 ahead - we need more clear water.

Tuha

Yippee! We're over 5,000 votes now - I really do think that must be some sort of record.

MEandYou now 5,009 and NOAH 4,798. But that's still just 211 ahead - we need more clear water.

NOAH is approaching. Only 60 votes behind. Sasha, I dont remember anymore but are you admin of PR? If yes, could PR send an email about this contest - It always helped in the past.
Anyway it will be big fight till the end like always :)

snowathlete

The fundraising group emailed 200 orgs in the early hours, many in the uk so we should continue to get new votes today...but it's gonna be close so if PR or anyone else can help with a mail out that'd be good!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
NOAH is approaching. Only 60 votes behind. Sasha, I dont remember anymore but are you admin of PR? If yes, could PR send an email about this contest - It always helped in the past.
Anyway it will be big fight till the end like always :)

No, Tuha, I'm not an admin - Mark - one for you!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The fundraising group emailed 200 orgs in the early hours, many in the uk so we should continue to get new votes today...but it's gonna be close so if PR or anyone else can help with a mail out that'd be good!

Maria tells me the contest is going on an extra day (Steinar has a km target and he got blisters!). I'm resting at the moment and will try to chase this up later but if that's confirmed, we need to bear that in mind in these mailings etc.

Edit: It's really not clear that that's the case - I think we need to push on as though it's finishing soon. It's 5pm in Norway now!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Maria tells me the contest is going on an extra day (Steinar has a km target and he got blisters!). I'm resting at the moment and will try to chase this up later but if that's confirmed, we need to bear that in mind in these mailings etc.

Just found the Stormberg blog and Steinar most certainly has blisters (there's a picture!) but I can't make out from this when he's finishing. Here's Google Translate on an entry made an hour ago:

Last day Southern cross! Steinar has started charmer stage from Arendal to Risør. Now he once again under 30km.​
After painful blisters after almost 250km of track and road, he's in good spirits. Full six marathons in a row!​
Press like to give him an extra encouragement the last few hours!​
Do you Steinar comes in goal tonight?​

If any Norwegian-speakers can take a look at his blog and tell us what's happening, I'd be grateful! :) Here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/stormberg

Sounds like he's finishing today, but who knows?

Anyway, all we can do is push like crazy today!

Currently it's MEandYou at 5,405 and NOAH at 5,339. 66 votes in it! :eek:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Wow! MEandYou at 5,800 and NOAH at 5,732. 68 votes in it!

Every time I write an update post, the numbers have gone up a few votes in the minute it takes me to write it! :aghhh:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
5,926 vs 5,865 - 61 votes in it - we're only just in the lead.

If you haven't voted, do it now!

Got any friends you haven't asked to vote yet?

snowathlete

We are so close. But it is so tight.

If you can think of anyone else to tell, please do so. And if you have already told people by email and they havent replied to tell you that they have voted then email them again, or phone/text them to ask. $17,000 plus could well come down to a few votes either way!

Living Dead

For no obvious reason, MEandYou suddenly pulled ahead, with 6301 against 5995 (306 votes lead).

Contest information: http://www.stormberg.com/blog/2013/05/23/vi-gir-1000-per-km-til-et-formal-du-bestemmer/

Edit: Still pulling ahead, now leading with over 430 votes. I added a link in my signature at a non-ME forum and posted in some heavily viewed topics. Might have made a difference. NOAH seems completely unable to respond. They have even given up on their mean attacks in the comment field.