• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VNS

Jackb23

Update:
In the summer I came down with covid and this set me back. I then turned on VNS and I went from too tired to talk to riding my bike everyday and having just about no limits on what I could do physically. VNS was a super powerful tool and I had it turned up to 1.0 mA with a 30 sec on, 5 min off duty cycle.

Unfortunately life has really gone down hill. Over the summer I began to do neurofeedback on myself and I got myself to a great place before I got covid, but I also induced OCD. I would gladly trade where I am at now for where I was then. I went back to Columbus from Austin to try and fix this with a doctor and all things went to hell. I now am mostly couchbound and cant sit up straight, I cant tolerate any of the meds or vns that have helped me in the past, I have derealization pretty much 24/7, I get huge adrenaline surges and have had to move back home temporarily (Hopefully).

Overall, I would rate VNS as a highly useful tool. It is insanely powerful. While mine is implanted, I am sure the transcutaneous versions could help a lot of those suffering.