• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vit D

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
For me, Vitamin D3/K2 helps a bit with energy and things like eye floaters.

A good quality fish oil (if you can tolerate it) helps me with mood.

D-Phenylalanine also helps me with mood and grieving. It can raise bp though so you have to be careful if that is an issue for you. (DL makes me feel wired though.)

I read about it in The Mood Cure book by Julia Ross. She uses it for pain but talked about it also helping a grieving widow who was struggling with the pain of grief.

Edit: Not that the Vitamin D won't help because anything that brings our energy up a bit will likely also make our mood better. I can cope better when I don't feel completely crashed.

Mouse girl

oh, cool. thanks. my gyno suggested Vit D since most people, especially older people don't get enough. and she said it can help with immunity and mood, i think. i do have high bp and take meds for it. i wonder if that med might be making things worse for me but i think i'm just having a really hard time. i also am in peri menopause too.

Learner1

oh, cool. thanks. my gyno suggested Vit D since most people, especially older people don't get enough. and she said it can help with immunity and mood, i think. i do have high bp and take meds for it. i wonder if that med might be making things worse for me but i think i'm just having a really hard time. i also am in peri menopause too.
Have you had your vitamin D tested? Or other nutrients? If not, maybe your gyno can help you with that. A lot of us have nutrient deficiencies, some of which can definitely cause mood problems. In addition to the Julia Ross book, Patrick Holford's New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind is helpful. And It might be wise to look into your gut microbiome and food allergies as many mood issues are rooted in gut problems.