• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Virucide vs antiviral

BadBadBear

I have not come across any contraindications for oxymatrine, apart from the advice to avoid it if you have a personal or close family history of autoimmune disease.

Thank you @Hip I think I may add this in later in summer after I've been on Famvir about a year (once the little relapses from Famvir clear up).

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
@Judee In case this is helpful, oxymatrine is not recommended if you have Hashimoto's or autoimmunity per Dr. Chia. I'm not sure if that pertains to your case but it ruled it out as an option for me.

Thank you!!! :thumbsup: I was wondering about that.

Yeah, I have high titers on the both the thyroid antibodies which my new doctor was reluctant to say is Hashimoto's just yet. Mom and Sis both have Hashimoto's plus aunt and grand-niece have Lupus so autoimmune does seem to run in my family.

Last edited: