• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Virology Blog - TWiV - Ila Singh and XMRV

CBS

Here's the link to the interview with Dr. Singh: http://www.virology.ws/2010/08/08/twiv-94-xmrv-with-dr-ila-singh/

Thank you Drs. Racaniello and Singh.

Take home message - We're working very hard on this but there is a lot that WE DON'T KNOW!

I have to say that Dr. Singh is my type of sober and serious scientist.

I have two pages of notes but in summary, Dr. Singh describes the CFS XMRV study that she is presently doing as a replication of the Science study plus additional types of testing. She also describes exchanging WPI subjects in a manner carefully designed to avoid any chance of contamination.

Dr. Singh has not closed the door on anything at this point, nor is she jumping to any conclusions. She does point carefully to the importance of methodology and to the difficulty of detecting XMRV because of very low copy numbers and uncertainty about reservoirs.

boomer

I wish they would place a priority on where the reservoirs are for females first because more have cfs but i am wondering if males will be looked at first because funding was allocated for prostate cancer??

CBS

There's already a thread about this podcast/netcast, we should keep all comments centralized there.

Agreed. I looked but didn't see the earlier thread. If an admin could delete this thread I will move my comments.

Thanks.