• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Viral infections- Really

Martin aka paused||M.E.

hi community
got these test results from a lab in Munich which says there are viral infections. But we have probs to find any. Are there other explanations for these values?
@leokitten @Hip
@Push Fwd
Thank you!

Attachments

• FDF8A656-7974-4687-93E2-2E704C3C8041.jpeg
    FDF8A656-7974-4687-93E2-2E704C3C8041.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • 989F637F-E8CF-4D2A-A16A-C7838DFE7422.jpeg
    989F637F-E8CF-4D2A-A16A-C7838DFE7422.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70

Hip

got these test results from a lab in Munich which says there are viral infections. But we have probs to find any. Are there other explanations for these values?

I don't have any background knowledge for interpreting your results, but it looks like they are examining your levels of interferon, which are high, suggesting a viral infection going on.

Have you been tested for all the usual viral suspects in ME/CFS, using the appropriate tests?

The usual suspects are:

Coxsackievirus B
Echovirus
Epstein-Barr virus
Cytomegalovirus
HHV-6
Parvovirus B19
Chlamydia pneumoniae

For coxsackievirus B and echovirus, Dr Chia finds only a neutralization-type antibody test is sufficiently sensitive to detect the chronic but low-level infections found in ME/CFS.

IMD lab in Germany offer neutralization antibody tests for these two viruses. From my roadmap:
• IMD Lab in Germany provide individual antibody neutralization tests for CVB3, CVB4, CVB5 and EV6, EV30. These tests cost €34 each. The staff at IMD lab speak English. There is an IMD test offering CVB4, CVB5, EV6 and EV30 together (but not CVB3).

Institute of Medical Virology, University Hospital Frankfurt am Main in Germany provide individual antibody neutralization tests for coxsackievirus B1, B2, B3, B4 and B5, and echovirus 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 25 and 30. These tests cost €34 for each serotype.

godlovesatrier

I found out the other day you can book and then walk in to have your blood drawn at IMD. So if you can afford the ~200 to 300 EUR then you should be all set to go and get it, assuming you can travel that is :)

godlovesatrier

Ok alternatively you can get imd to post you the pack and when it arrives at your house if you can afford to a mobile phlebotomist can be hired to come to your house and do all the bloods. Then you just have to get it posted same day to IMD. That's what I did last time for my lab tests in 2018. I appreciate the costs and all of that would be super taxing, but just wanted to mention it.

mitoMAN

hi community
@leokitten @Hip
@Push Fwd
Thank you!
I have the same exact results, about the same levels. No active infections found.
Did some PCRs for lots of money.

I have 1:320 NIT Coxsackie B5 but I doubt thats it.

ruben

So, I'm in suffolk, UK. If IMD sent me the pack then and a courier came to pick up my blood samples, does anyone know what the total cost would be?