• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIP has my blood for xmrv test

hensue

Fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue?

Having blood drawn on Monday for the VIP Lab in Reno Nevada. Where can I found results from others?
Thanks
hensue

Advocate

Having blood drawn on Monday for the VIP Lab in Reno Nevada. Where can I found results from others?
Thanks
hensue

When you get your results you can post them in a poll on this website, and after you post you can see what others have posted (all anonymous).

The poll is in a "Sticky" at the beginning of the XMRV forum.

hensue

How long did it take for people to get the test results back?
They have been testing mine a week and a day. I want them to take time and do it right.

I am also interested in the poll. Can not tell how many people have tested postitive.

I am a newbie, could we have a poll just for a Positive test and if you have fibro or chronic fatigue or both?

I have been told I have fibromyalgia. I know I have chronic fatigue also.

Does the poll mean two have tested positive for severe cfs?
What does the other poll mean?

Blonde and fogged!

Thanks
hensue

Andrew

Someone contacted vipdx and was told they are going to take some time because these are the first batch of tests and they are being very careful. I just don't remember where this post is.

hensue

Thanks I am glad I want them to take time and do it right

About how long has the wait been? Megan had told me about one and half weeks or two. Has it been longer than that for others?

Thanks
hensue

K

Katie

Good luck Hensue, though it does seem weird saying that considering the test is for a retrovirus and I'm assuming you want it to be positive?

How are you holding up?

I

imready

Xmrv test

On Nov. 16th I had my blood drawn and sent it fedex or night to reno. On Tuesday I checked fedex website to track my package and it was still in Oakland. I called VIPDX to see if they received my blood thinking that fedex tracking was just not updated but they had not received my blood. VIPDX called fedex and somehow fedex messed up my shipping. VIPDX received the package on Wed. and they are going to check the blood to see if they can use it or not. VIPDX told me that they would call me and let me know if they can use it or not, I haven't heard from them yet. It makes me nervous that i'm going to spend $650 for a test and the blood didn't get there on time. I wonder if I should cancel the test due to the blood being delivered late and get another blood draw.

Advocate

On Nov. 16th I had my blood drawn and sent it fedex over night to reno.

It's terrible that your specimen sat (in a warehouse?) in Oakland instead of being sent to Reno!

Did you have the blood picked up at the lab? At your house? A drop box? Did you take it to a staffed, authorized FedEx location? Did FedEx give any explanation as to why the package didn't leave Oakland?

I'm trying to figure out what we can all do to increase the chances that our packages will be delivered in the promised time frame.

Let us know if VIP could still use the blood. I hope so. It would be a shame if you had to do it again, even if FedEx paid. (They should pay!)

I

imready

Fedex

I had my blood drawn at my Doctor's office in Bothell, wa. Used the package provided by VIPDX to send it out. I dropped the package off at a Fedex depot. Here is the tracking info. Start at the bottom and read up. It sat in transit all day tuesday in Oakland?? Vipdx contacted Fedex to see what happened and I'm waiting for a call from Vipdx.

Nov 18, 2009 09:36 Delivered
Nov 18, 2009 08:06 On FedEx vehicle for delivery RENO, NV
Nov 18, 2009 07:06 At local FedEx facility RENO, NV
Nov 18, 2009 05:04 At dest sort facility RENO, NV
Nov 18, 2009 02:19 Departed FedEx location OAKLAND, CA
Nov 17, 2009 03:27 In transit OAKLAND, CA
Nov 16, 2009 23:01 Arrived at FedEx location OAKLAND, CA
Nov 16, 2009 19:16 Left FedEx origin facility BOTHELL, WA
Nov 16, 2009 16:50 Picked up BOTHELL, WA

hensue

I know my blood got there the next day

I had my blood taken on a Monday and called the following day and the fed ex came in around sometime that late morning. VIP called that Tuesday and had the blood when they should. That is when I paid them.

I do not think I would have done the test if it had been sitting in a warehouse a whole day.

Not 650.00

I have pretty bad cfs somedays and cannot work anymore. My fibro is bad everyday.
I still would not like to have a retrovirus. That is quite scary!

Take Care
hensue