• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video: Exposing the Lightning Process (which is being heavily promoted in Norway for ME!)

Pyrrhus

The pseudoscientific "Lightning Process" is being heavily promoted in Norway for ME patients.

If you're not familiar with the Lightning Process, it is a combination of extreme Graded Exercise Therapy (GET) with a side of cult-like brainwashing. The following are two videos in Norwegian, with English subtitles.

babeng said:
This is a two part documentary named "The ME scandal", which exposes the fraudulent science and commercial interests behind GET/CBT and Lightning Process, but also the PACE trial and Wessely school, lobbying and networking to the very top of political power, illegal discrimiation of ME patients, biomedical findings, long covid and much, much more.

The documentary has gotten great reviews (e.g. see youtube comments), and is a must see for everyone.

Last edited:
Contrary to what may be believed based on the headline and OP, this is NOT some promotional video for Lightning Process. This is a two part documentary named "The ME scandal", which exposes the fraudulent science and commercial interests behind GET/CBT and Lightning Process, but also the PACE trial and Wessely school, lobbying and networking to the very top of political power, illegal discrimiation of ME patients, biomedical findings, long covid and much, much more.

The documentary has gotten great reviews (e.g. see youtube comments), and is a must see for everyone.
To avoid further misunderstandings I suggest that this headline/OP is edited or deleted in full.
Since I have watched both parts I can make a new thread if you delete this one @Pyrrhus

This is a briliant documentary, and deserves to be featured in a correct way.

All the best

Rufous McKinney

This is a briliant documentary, and deserves to be featured in a correct way.

skipping a bit thru it in an overview fashion- Oh the doctor woman telling a concerned patient to go on that morning and evening forced walk even tho your horribly fatigued- that you do all that anyway and its perfectly safe.

NO
ITS
NOT
SAFE

Pyrrhus

Contrary to what may be believed based on the headline and OP, this is NOT some promotional video for Lightning Process.

I don't think anyone would think this was a promotional video!

If you have a suggestion for a new headline, please let me know.
I have updated the original post to clarify.

I hope this helps.

livinglighter

I don't think anyone would think this was a promotional video!

If you have a suggestion for a new headline, please let me know.
I have updated the original post to clarify.

I hope this helps.
I did actually think I was going to watch a video based on LP promo, rather than a video uncovering the truths behind it.

Oops! :eek:

Hopefully, it's clear now!
I have made a new thread with a better title/description. Hopefully this is accepted as the new thread about this well made documentary, which deserves to be promoted in a appreciative and grateful way.

Kind regards.