• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video clip of Q&A at Peterson/de Meirleir presentation 26 May

Daffodil

holy ch^%^E$%#$$#$$!!!

this is pretty amazing.

wonder why peterson says all the patients he tested were + cuz i know one who wasnt, by culture at least. i dont think they had the serology yet.

fred

The game is afoot
holy ch^%^E$%#$$#$$!!!

this is pretty amazing.

wonder why peterson says all the patients he tested were + cuz i know one who wasnt, by culture at least. i dont think they had the serology yet.

Some of his patients also have tested negative to various herpes viruses in the blood but positive in the spinal fluid.

holy ch^%^E$%#$$#$$!!!

this is pretty amazing.

Sorry, I meant HIV patients. I will edit my original post accordingly

Thanks very much for this, Raul. It is very informative. May I ask a few questions?

Did he say if the NCI results have been published?

What is meant by 'sites'? Is this locations in the US, perhaps?

I don't rembember him mentioning any publication in relation to the subsequent analysis to the Science paper.
As for the 5 sites, it may well be different locations in the US

acer2000

A patient was put on a macrophage activating factor (Something-MAF, related to vitamin D). This patient is XMRV+ according to 2 labs in Europe and 1 in the US (culture + PCR). Very significant clinical improvement (after several weeks?). Goes from working 2 hours per day to 8 hours.
Normalization of C4 serum levels (goes down), Perforin PBMC (goes up), LL8 serum (goes down).
10 more patients recently started on this protocol. There seems to be improvement.

GcMAF? If it were that would be very interesting. I really hope they do a study using it. It looks promising in HIV and certain types of cancer. Can you confirm? Or do you have more info?

acer2000

He tested the spouses of 8 CFS XMRV+ patients. 3 of them were XMRV+ and had CFS.
He tested 5 sons/daughters of 5 CFS XMRV+ mothers. 4 of the were XMRV+ and had CFS. [It is in relation to this that during Q&A he explains that one has to differentiate between sporadic and epidemic cases]

Did he say if the 3 spouses that were also infected where married to sporadic or epidemic cases? Was it women infecting men or men infecting women?

GcMAF? If it were that would be very interesting. I really hope they do a study using it. It looks promising in HIV and certain types of cancer. Can you confirm? Or do you have more info?

Sorry, I didn't get what comes before MAF.

Did he say if the 3 spouses that were also infected where married to sporadic or epidemic cases? Was it women infecting men or men infecting women?
I don't think he specified. His reference to sporadic and epidemic cases was during the Q&A session, in relation to whether there is increased risk of having CFS for spouses or children of CFS patients