• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vicks Vapo Rub for Nail Fungus

CJB

Has anyone tried this? It contains thymol (also in thyme oil) that has been shown to kill the fungus in the petri dish, but don't know of any actual trials. But I've seen dozens of testimonials that it does work. turns the nail black and then it heals.

MEKoan

Hi CJ,

No, I haven't tried that but I used to have dreadful fungal nail problems in both big toenails. I used tea tree oil, straight, dropped on all parts of the nail a few times a day for a very long time. (In the beginning I may also have soaked my feet in vinegar but I'm not sure and, if I did, I did it only a few times.)

The nails did not turn black or anything. They just got slowly better until they were so nice I now tell people to look at them where before I hoped they wouldn't.

It could not have been easier or more effective. It did take several months but since there was a slow and steady progress all along, it was easy to be patient.

Good luck!

Sing

I am always very glad to hear of simple home remedies. The fungus has been trying to establish itself on my toes and toenails. Now I have something besides an expensive prescription cream to use!

Thank you,

Sing

Tammie

I tried the tea tree oil & found that it made my skin extremely dry and irritated, so in case you also have this problem, another couple of things to try (that have worked for me) are tumeric and coconut oil (both taken orally)....they are also slow to work, but they do work

CJB

Thanks everyone, I'm using the Tea Tree Oil AND the Vicks -- why not. We'll see how it goes, and I'll let you know.

SaraM -- You're talking about minerals? I'd love to know what doseage you took and how long it took to see improvement. I haven't added a multi-mineral to my regimen yet, and I'm very interested in hearing about your experience.

Tammie -- I don't want to add any fat to my diet right now. I know coconut oil has some tremendous properties, though. But the turmeric sounds very interesting. I'd love to know how much you took and how long before you saw results.

Thanks again, everyone.

SaraM

CJB,
I simply put 2 drops of MMS( Miracle mineral) on and under my nail. I did not take it orally.

S

strawberry

I've found household bleach to be good for skin and nail fungus. After washing your feet, put a few tablespoons in a bucket, pour in hot water and soak your feet for 20 mins and allow to dry naturally. I also apply it to the infected area neat. Be careful to avoid chemical burns though - everyone's skin is different.

I've also read boric acid can be good for this problem. Also try antiperspirants and wear socks made from wool and synthetics rather than cotton which absorbs water to prevent this problem.

M

MrHappyGoLucky12

CJB,

I use this particular form of Colloidal Silver: http://fibromyalgiafatiguesupplement...hp?pid=7417508 for infections. May be applied to directly to cuts, scrapes, open sores, warts, or used as a rinse for acne, eczema and other skin irritations. It may be gargled, dropped into the eyes or ears, used vaginally, anally, atomized, or inhaled into the nose or lungs.

Timaca

Neither tea tree oil or vicks worked for me. Fungisil has worked (so far): http://fungisil.com/
Interesting how everyone is different...what works for some, doesn't work for others.
Well, keep trying! Hope you find something that works. I am happy with my toes!
Best, Timaca

CJB

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I think the tea tree oil is working. Looks like some pink nail growing out. But it's hard to say for sure. I do have some colloidal silver, but I've never used it. Maybe I'll try it on one foot.

We found the only real cure at fixfingernailfungus d o t c o m
His nails were awful; black, yellow, cracked, peeling, cuticles gone, hurt, smelly, and it spread to all ten fingers over five years. We saw many doctors and tried everything on the internet; nothing worked. Then for only twenty dollars we tried this, and today his nails are pink and healthy, a real miracle cure. It works, it really does, and it wil be the last place you look and the last money you spend. it has a guarantee also. so how can you lose?

CJB,

I use this particular form of Colloidal Silver: http://fibromyalgiafatiguesupplement...hp?pid=7417508 for infections. May be applied to directly to cuts, scrapes, open sores, warts, or used as a rinse for acne, eczema and other skin irritations. It may be gargled, dropped into the eyes or ears, used vaginally, anally, atomized, or inhaled into the nose or lungs.

Good idea, it really does wonders doesn't it. Have you ever tried colloidal cold, or though about using colloidal gold? I have been using colloidal silver for a couple of months now for my gum disease and I really liked it so now i am thinking about trying out colloidal gold.