• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very Red Skin after Friction

JasonPerth

Hi All,
Just wondering what it could be, im sure its related
Last year my health suddenly declined from Mild 6/10 to Moderate/severe 1/10

One symptom that started showing up maybe 12 months before this deterioration was symptoms with skin.
I first noticed it when carrying a golf bag from the car to the club (about a 30 second carey over the shoulder strap)
40 minutes later when i would be home and having a shower, i would notice the strap mark in bright red on my skin, and it would take 60+ minutes for it to slowly slowly settle.
Yesterday i went to an Osteo for a massage and she mentioned when she started on my left side of my back, the skin was normal, but instantly after the right side, the skin was red wherever she massageg and took some time to heal/recover to normal skin.

So not only is the skin bright red for longer then normal, its also randomly in some areas of the body and not others. Like left back but not right back with the same action.

Is there anything to this, or is it simply the Autonomic Nervous System Failing and a symptom of exactly that?

Im assuming its the same redness ive been getting after a warm shower aswell on my left foot/ inner cheeks and chin? Even though that is more heat related and not Friction

JasonPerth