• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very low undetectable vanilmandelic acid on nutraeval. What might this mean and how could I increase it.

Sophiedw

What might this mean? I appreciate it means I have issues with dopamine metabolism but how might I increase it?

Thank you all.

Attachments

• 382FD813-D0CC-4EEF-AB25-D22380657023.png
    382FD813-D0CC-4EEF-AB25-D22380657023.png
    541.9 KB · Views: 18

Martin aka paused||M.E.

What might this mean? I appreciate it means I have issues with dopamine metabolism but how might I increase it?

Thank you all.
You might have issues with DBH, an MAO or COMT polymorphism OR it's just what it is: a lab error. I had the same. Second test one month later: everything normal ... These neurotransmitter tests are mostly crap

Sophiedw

Thanks for taking the time to reply Martin. I hear what you’re saying. A lot of my issues do seem to be related to very low neurotransmitters so it would line up, like tremor seizures etc etc, made worse by bh4 weirdly.

I hope you are as well as can be.

nerd

How has it been determined? Via blood, via morning urine or via 24h urine?

nerd

Morning I think although they did also take a blood test

Then, it just means that your metabolism isn't ready for the day in the morning. If BH4 doesn't improve it, maybe there are other metabolites missing for dopamine to become available, such as B12, Tyrosine, etc. Or your glutamatergic system is overreacting at the same time.

Sophiedw

Then, it just means that your metabolism isn't ready for the day in the morning. If BH4 doesn't improve it, maybe there are other metabolites missing for dopamine to become available, such as B12, Tyrosine, etc. Or your glutamatergic system is overreacting at the same time.

My glut system is definitely overreacting. Haha. Seizures, all sorts of seizure activity, essential tremor (shown to be gaba deficit in a number of studies) etc etc. But glutathione helped the most so 🤷‍♀️ I’ll keep on trying guided by you guys wisdom.

Learner1

My glut system is definitely overreacting. Haha. Seizures, all sorts of seizure activity, essential tremor (shown to be gaba deficit in a number of studies) etc etc. But glutathione helped the most so 🤷‍♀️ I’ll keep on trying guided by you guys wisdom.
It might be useful to consult a functional medicine doctor, like whoever ran your test??

Sophiedw

Yes, I have this on the cards. Also medical doctors doing eeg etc. Hopefully something will come of it.