• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very dizzy after consuming kefir. MCAS?

They apparently gave antibiotics to the Hadza tribe which has the most diverse microbiome known to man. And it messed with their gut biome But after they went back to the tribe and continuing their life they grew back their microbiome diversity.

Of course! Even a single course of antibiotics can damage the microbiome so bad that from my research it can take up to 6-12 months to get back to where you were before taking them! Imagine that!

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcimb.2020.572912/full#:~:text=Antibiotic use can have several,and recurrent Clostridioides difficile infections. -
Antibiotics as Major Disruptors of Gut Microbiota

Tribes indeed have the most abundant microbiome, because they eat natural, they don't take any abx, PPI's, sugar, sweeteners, and so on. They do not have our lifestyle. There are so many things that disrupt the gut microbiome. If we only knew the real consequence, then we would read carefully every label in shops, and think twice before deciding what gets into our bodies!

There is a great documentary about a person from Australia that went to Namibia to live with The San tribe, an ancient hunter-gatherer people living traditionally from the land.

He was curious to see what would happen to his microbiome if he goes on and lives among them for a short time! The results were great!

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/brockcreativemedia - The Gut Movie

So in theory we should be able to do that as well? It probably isnt as black and white as that But I really think there is something there. Maybe we should go live with the Hadza. I wonder What that would have done to an ME CFS patient. Totally fixing their microbiome.

Yes, we should be able to that as well, but as you said it's not as black and white as that! Once the damage has been done, healing cannot occur only with diet! You need to fix the dysbiosis, bring down the bad bacteria, grow back up the good ones, and reestablish the diversity to a healthy level, even if certain species are extinct, you need to work with what you have!

Then comes the healing of the intestinal permeability, also known as leaky gut, and that my friend is like an art, you need someone talented and experienced and very knowledgeable to do that the correct way! Many have tried various protocols and failed and they blame this and that, and they say that fixing the gut is not improving their symptoms but indeed it takes another different level of knowledge to really fix the gut!

An ME/CFS patient I would say would improve a lot, probably even get into remission if they manage to really fix their gut and microbiome and the diversity of their species! This organ is so important, I would say the most important, we don't even realize how it is connected with the rest of the body!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4918027/ - Reduced diversity and altered composition of the gut microbiome in individuals with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome

Conclusions
Our results indicate dysbiosis of the gut microbiota in this disease and further suggest an increased incidence of microbial translocation, which may play a role in inflammatory symptoms in ME/CFS.

They live as we did as hunter gatherers. And they apparently dont get all the diseases we do in the west like lifestyle diseases and bowel cancers etc.

For sure! First, they do not eat as many animal products as we eat! Animal protein is very acidic, turns out that you need only 20% casein protein to grow a cancer tumor + a carcinogen (See "The China Study" for more info or Forks Over Knives Documentary). The protein in animal products is too much for our bodies! And there is even a selection among animals if you eat them!

- What The Health - Protein segment

There are "clean animals" such as chicken, turkey, deer, sheep, cow, etc and "clean fish" such as barracuda, anchovy, bass, bluefish, cod, drum, haddock, halibut, etc and "unclean animals" like pig, ostrich, zebra, camel, etc and unclean seafood such as catfish, lobster, prawns, crabs, mussels, oysters, shrimps, etc.

So, if we decide to eat animal products, at least we should have the "clean ones", but ideally our bodies prefer a vegetarian diet!

If you check out the documentary from above (The Gut Movie), you will see that when they hunt and have some animal products, there is quite a celebration! Their meat intake is not as often as we may think!

Their main diet is comprised of fruits and vegetables, especially root vegetables that are rich in fibers and act as prebiotics, food for their gut microbiome.

Next, they are not taking any pharmaceuticals, sugar, processed foods, stress, radiation, etc. They are very happy people because they live as our Creator intended for us to live, in nature, with lots of sun, clean water, fresh air and so on!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. This is very likely relevant as I had an incredibly poor diet growing up that Im pretty sure promoted gut dysbiosis. Plus other things could have contributed.

Might be tbi But I remember growing up I had blood in my stools not super frequent but I dont think it was that rare either. I always had bloating and a lot of gas etc. That cant be good. I cant remember the last time I had bloody stools now.

Bloody stools are a symptom of Ulcerative Colitis! I hope you don't have that one...

hb8847

I have a history of anaphylaxis and lots of food intolerances. Late last year I tried drinking kefir and after consuming it for a week I started to get severe dizziness.

I'm not an expert but this is ringing a lot of bells for me, and I have MCAS and histamine intolerance.

Specifically, it sounds like my reaction to histamine, which includes breathing problems and dizziness (though I've never gone full anaphylaxis).

It is known that bacteria produce histamine - it's why the longer you leave meat the higher the histamine content. Kefir is produced with large amounts of bacteria so it's likely to be the same mechanism. I reacted badly to it too.