• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vertigo

YippeeKi YOW !!

Cajun cooking uses bell pepper in the base of most recipes and the Creole is onion, celery, and garlic.
That's a classic of French cooking, the basis for almost everything from sauces to soups to stews on .... the mirepois.

I do believe that there is great wisdom in the old remedies and probably every culture has some.
I totally agree. Somewhere I have a wonderful old book that I found at a weather-beaten, out-of-the-way used book store, which are like crack to me tho getting harder and harder to find, which catalogues hundreds and hundreds of old remedies and cures, sme going back to the late antiquity period, from almost every culture on earth for almost every ailment.

I used to refer to it often, sometimes for entertainment, sometimes for more practical purposes. As soon as I can locate it somewhere on one of the floor-to-ceiling bookcases here, I'll share anything I can find that applies to the issue of cayenne.

All I can remember is that cayenne appeared in cure after cure, multitudinous recipes for "tonics", and even concoctions for improving a lady's complexion and disposition.

It definitely benefits the cardiovascular system as @PatJ noted, among other things.

Topically, it eases pain by interfering with the pain signal to the brain, a sort of herbal short-circuiting.