• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vernon Response to CDC Research?

Andrew

I read on PR somewhere about Vernon's response re: test tubes and another problem. Now, I've seen the practice of journals publishing criticisms from other scientists. Sort of like "letters to editor" except they are included in a rebuttal section. Does the journal in question do this? Is Vernon submitting one there? Is anyone submitting one there.

Sam Carter

I read on PR somewhere about Vernon's response re: test tubes and another problem. Now, I've seen the practice of journals publishing criticisms from other scientists. Sort of like "letters to editor" except they are included in a rebuttal section. Does the journal in question do this? Is Vernon submitting one there? Is anyone submitting one there.

There are quite a few responses / rebutalls to the Switzer et al paper, Andrew. You can find them at:

http://www.retrovirology.com/content/7/1/57/comments

Often journals will publish the best letters and allow the authors of the paper to comment on any issues raised in them.