• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valtrex post-Valcyte to stay well

Have any of you who have gotten much better with Valcyte then switched to maintenance Valtrex to keep your infections in dormancy? Does this protocol work?
I'm not sure they're interchangeable. What viruses were you taking the Valcyte for?
HHV-6 and CMV and EBV… How do you keep HHV-6 and CMV from reactivating then if not Valtrex? I’m talking long-term maintenance….

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
HHV-6 and CMV and EBV… How do you keep HHV-6 and CMV from reactivating then if not Valtrex? I’m talking long-term maintenance….

There is some research using valtrex to prevent cmv, hhv6 after organ transplants. So it's worth a shot. But my usual speal is that famvir going by peoples experiences here is that famvir has better effects on cmv and hhv6.
After 6-12months of valcyte it wasn't uncommon for people to stay on valtrex or famvir to prevent or slow down viral reactivation after a valcyte course.
This was about 15yrs ago if you search some of the old threads on here.

godlovesatrier

In my experience cmv isn't going to work. It might only work at the highest dose 3g a day.

Alternatively famvir is meant to hit cmv and hhv-6 more easily. A few pr members only got hhv6 under control by adding famvir.

Valcyte however potently hits the cmv and hhv6 but I believe doesn't bit ebv as hard.

So what Judee said is correct same with heaps reply.