• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valganciclovir research paper - Jose Montoya & Andreas Kogelnik

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
That's true, but Lerner's is the only study which ran for a long time.

Lerner found that it takes 4 months before the benefits of Valcyte even begin to appear. So at 4 months you will only see the first small inklings of improvement. Thus for Montoya to terminate his Valcyte study at only 6 months was a mistake; he should have run the study for a least 18 months say.

Note also that in terms of antibody blood tests for herpesviruses, Montoya used different study inclusion criteria to Lerner's. Dr Lerner's theory is that ME/CFS is caused by an abortive herpesvirus infection, and thus the testing criteria he used were based on detecting such abortive infections.

A PR forum poll found Valcyte moved 50% of patients trying it up at least one level on the ME/CFS scale of: very severe, severe, moderate, mild, remission.

A study needs at least 30 people. The design of the PR poll doesn't show that it reached the threshold. It also was uncontrolled.

godlovesatrier

Did anyone manage to get valcyte in the UK on insurance? If so could you PM me any details, as last time I followed up on Dr Busnal, he was retiring and would only prescribe acloyvir.