• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte side effects

hunter1899

What are your thoughts on the possible dangers of taking valcyte? I’ve heard it linked to cancer in particular. Of course I’m new here and still learning and would love to hear otherwise from more experienced and I knowledgeable folks.

jaybee00

It doesn’t really matter what our thoughts are. Whomever prescribes you Valcyte is responsible for your care.

godlovesatrier

I was chatting to a severe ME patient yesterday on twitter. She said valcyte made her far worse, she as moderate when she took it, now she's severe. Which she attributes to the valcyte. She says clinicians didn't really tell her the full risks, so she was basically unaware of them. She said valtrex and famvir had a very low risk profile and she was fine on those, but the valcyte made her permenantly worse.

User handle katarinabrandt on twitter.