• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

valcyte question

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi guys,
Im starting to come accross info that people and their docs are now starting alot low in dosages of valcyte. I may have a supply (probably not enough to do 12 months worth and 2 tabs a day) soon and wondering if 1/2 a tablet a day to 1 tablet a day would be of any use in combination with famvir to have a positive effect. Im also thinking that i could add probenecid to it which is a medication used for gout which is also used to increase the half like of drugs like antibiotics and antivirals.

Any thoughts appreciated as the standard dosing in the montoya study is 2 tabs a day where some people are using it for up to 6-12 months and even longer which maybe out of my economic reach.

Thanks guys!!!

SOC

Hi guys,
Im starting to come accross info that people and their docs are now starting alot low in dosages of valcyte. I may have a supply (probably not enough to do 12 months worth and 2 tabs a day) soon and wondering if 1/2 a tablet a day to 1 tablet a day would be of any use in combination with famvir to have a positive effect. Im also thinking that i could add probenecid to it which is a medication used for gout which is also used to increase the half like of drugs like antibiotics and antivirals.

Any thoughts appreciated as the standard dosing in the montoya study is 2 tabs a day where some people are using it for up to 6-12 months and even longer which maybe out of my economic reach.

Thanks guys!!!

We take three 450-mg tabs daily, which is lower than some I've heard.

I would NOT take Valcyte without careful supervision, there are serious health risks which can avoided if the signs are discovered immediately. That means regular blood tests evaluated by a knowledgeable physician.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
sickofcfs thanks for the advice, i will be taking it up with my doc before starting anything as i know it can be quite toxic, plus i have a few other things im trialling first.

cheers!!!

slayadragon

Dr. Guyer prescribes Valcyte at low doses. Basically, he gives whatever patients can tolerate without getting a die-off reaction, which he thinks is bad.

I don't know that taking a low dose to save money is the same thing though.

Best, Lisa