• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vagus nerve stimulation

ruben

I was wondering if anyone who has digestive issues with their ME/CFS had tried "vagus nerve stimulation" for their symptoms.? And any success or otherwise.

BrightCandle

Yes I used a Tens like device and the ear clips, did nothing for me. I also tried the spine stimulation and neck stimulation as well both of which in papers have shown to help and none of them has done. I gave each a week and 30 minute sessions daily. Tens has been useful for managing back pain and other acute muscle pain, other than that its done nothing for me.

ruben

Yes I used a Tens like device and the ear clips, did nothing for me. I also tried the spine stimulation and neck stimulation as well both of which in papers have shown to help and none of them has done. I gave each a week and 30 minute sessions daily. Tens has been useful for managing back pain and other acute muscle pain, other than that its done nothing for me.
Thanks for replying. My brain fog must be bad at the minute. I did a search on here just after my post and noticed there's plenty on here already about it. Thanks anyway.