• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vaccines and autism report to be released on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oliver3

Hi @southwestforests -- I'm curious, do you have an opinion as to whether or not autism rates have increased in the past several decades? Or do you believe the increased prevalence is because of better diagnosis and reporting? Or perhaps both?

Best...
Bob naviaux says there has been a definite increase since the 80s be ause of the 5,000 plus new chemicals put into the food chain and environment without proper study. Plastics alone are a massive endocrine disruptor.
Naviaux calls this " ECOGENIC" autism. In other words the environment is causing the changes. He cites vaccines amongst some of the things that stop our healing processes working properly.
He did proof of concept trials with a drug called suramin. They helped the autistic kids.

So this is not down purely to better recognition although of course that plays a part too.

I believe naviaux works for NASA now. He's a bonifued authority on autism and mitochondrial health

Back