• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VA Approves $2.8M for Gulf War Illness Research

floydguy

Hmmm....take an aspirin (or anti-depressant) and report back to me in 5 years. I didn't see mention of any effort to determine cause.

BEG

"The IOM report noted that the illnesses seen in Gulf War Veterans cannot be ascribed to any psychiatric disorder and likely result from genetic and environmental factors, although the data are not strong enough to draw conclusions about specific causes."

250,000 veterans sick. Let's exercise them, drug them, and teach them mindfulness meditation. CFS research in its infancy or infinity.

V99

I bet the Gulf war vets are pretty annoyed with this nonsense. We need a team up.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
I would love to get Dr. Klimas' take on this, since she's worked with both groups (GWI and ME/CFS) for a long time. Was hoping by the title that she might be seeing some money.

V99. Agreed! Same with prostate cancer groups.