• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on my "anti-purinergic journey" & sharing my new therapy of negative voltage

serg1942

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to share this therapy that I have just incorporated to my anti-purinergic combo, in case you think it might be worth exploring:

Here is a case study of someone with arthritic pain who got rid of this symptom after a few weeks connected to the negative pole of a 24 V battery.

https://www.webmedcentral.com/article_view/5079pp

This is similar to grounding, as when the body is connected to ground, the direct voltage on your body gets negative (of around - 0.2 V).

There are some small but very interesting studies on grounding, showing the anti-inflammatory and the parasympathetic nervous system boosting effects, among others.

The theory behind this effect is that a negative voltage gives electrons to the body (this is just how electricity works), and that these electrons can be incorporated into the biological system, being able to quench free radicals and to increase the potential difference of the inside of the cell compared to the outside.

Time ago I found proof the we can, indeed, incorporate external electrons to the mitochondria of bacteria:

https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/mbio.02203-17

Specifically, the electrons reduce NAD+ to NADH, the main energetic sensor of the cell. Remember that the reaction is: NAD+ + 2e- + H+ = NADH. These electrons might come from glucose or lipid oxidation or in this case from the battery.

So, here we are getting grounding to the extreme of giving many electrons to the body. But, if more electrons means less oxidative stress, could an excess of negative voltage cause reductive stress or even immune-suppression?

There is only one study that I know of, that finds that putting rats at negative voltages of 110 and even 280 V, protected the rats from radiation and made the rats live much longer with a much higher white blood cells counts:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/4723094/

Following closely Dr. Naviaux's work, I wonder whether this electrons influx could help the mitochondria to complete (and get out of) the cell danger response (CDR) pathway. He explains how the very first signal that gets the CDR started is the lack of electrons in the cytoplasm (caused by infections, toxins, EMFs...) that lead to a low NADH/NAD+ ratio. Well, perhaps the extra electrons from the battery might help here.

I must warn you that this is not an easy therapy. I have been 2 years connected to earth for the most part of the day, and I initially suffered from a terrible herx-like reaction for about a month. After that, my circadian rhythm became completely normalized after 18 years of sleeping during the day and living at night. However I didn't experience improvement in my fatigue.

I have been taking a combo of anti-purinergic substances for the last 4 months, and the experience is being really hard (I know the treatment is being therapeutic because I am measuring my IL1beta, and it is decreasing). The immune system seems to get instantly reeved up with anti-purinergics and the herx-like reaction is quite intense. However my eccema and MCAS are gone, my stools are finally formed after 3 yeas of a 100% sluggish colon function, and I feel a deep sense of higher parasympathetic tone. Also, my sleep is incredibly deeper and I get up to urinate at night just once or twice (unheard of for me).

I think, after 20 years of severe disease, my immune system needs to fight chronic infections and my body needs to excrete the toxins that have been accumulated when the CDR state is established (as can be deduced from Naviaux's findings on how the cellular machinery switches to "monomeric" metabolism).

Here's one study showing how an anti-purinergic drug given to mice with tuberculosis does increase the efficiency of the immune system while decreasing tissue inflammation (Th1 response is increased), backing up my theory:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcimb.2021.672472/full

So I think that the negative voltage therapy could help dialing down the excessive "good" inflammation the anti-purinergic treatment is causing.

I started the -20 volts therapy 3 days ago, and I have been sleeping like 12 hours a day. It's still too soon to see any improvement, so let's see how my body responds to the treatment. I will also start inhalating carbon monoxide at a very non-toxic and therapeutic concentration soon, that has been shown to be anti-purinergic as well, and it shows a very strong, yet non-immune suppressive anti-inflammatory profile.

I know how unappealing my theory that we need to get worse during months or even years, in order to get better, might be disheartening, but this is not my first time. Both LDN and GcMAF, which gave me a huge improvement in the past, made me significantly worse during many months. Also, this phenomenon is observed when patients take olmesartan to activate the vitamin D receptor to improve the innate immune response. Patients following this treatment usually experience a "flare" reaction for up to 3-5 years before getting better. The same happens to patients treating Lyme or other tick-born-diseases.

I apologize for going on at length. I will update you on my journey when I think I have important things to share,

Take care!

Last edited:

Wishful

The theory behind this effect is that a negative voltage gives electrons to the body (this is just how electricity works), and that these electrons can be incorporated into the biological system, being able to quench free radicals and to increase the potential difference of the inside of the cell compared to the outside.
Nope. Absolutely wrong. Static electricity changes the number of electrons on the outer skin of a conductive body. That's all. That's basic physics & mathematics. The electrons inside the body are not affected.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the voltage of a battery is if you touch only one electrode. The battery voltage is measured as the force between the two electrodes. If the battery voltage is 24 V or 2400V--between the electrodes--the change in your static charge by touching one electrode is the same (for batteries of the same physical size and static charge).

The link you included as proof is unrelated to static charge. It's about transfer of electrons from one molecule to another inside the mitochondria. That is not about unbound electrons in the body, which would extremely rapidly move to the outer skin and thus no longer be "free in the body". The electron transport chain isn't really about moving electrons; it's about transferring an electron from one orbital bond to another. Free electrons do not take part. Easy test: take a solution of a chemical that "wants" an electron and put it in a conductive container. Touch it to one electrode of a battery. By the theory you're supporting, the chemical would bind those extra electrons and the solution would change to an oxidized state. That doesn't happen. Further proof: check common biochemical equations. None of them factor in external electrons, because external electrons do not take part in the reactions.

Sorry, but the theory is utter nonsense.

serg1942

Nope. Absolutely wrong. Static electricity changes the number of electrons on the outer skin of a conductive body. That's all. That's basic physics & mathematics. The electrons inside the body are not affected.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the voltage of a battery is if you touch only one electrode. The battery voltage is measured as the force between the two electrodes. If the battery voltage is 24 V or 2400V--between the electrodes--the change in your static charge by touching one electrode is the same (for batteries of the same physical size and static charge).

The link you included as proof is unrelated to static charge. It's about transfer of electrons from one molecule to another inside the mitochondria. That is not about unbound electrons in the body, which would extremely rapidly move to the outer skin and thus no longer be "free in the body". The electron transport chain isn't really about moving electrons; it's about transferring an electron from one orbital bond to another. Free electrons do not take part. Easy test: take a solution of a chemical that "wants" an electron and put it in a conductive container. Touch it to one electrode of a battery. By the theory you're supporting, the chemical would bind those extra electrons and the solution would change to an oxidized state. That doesn't happen. Further proof: check common biochemical equations. None of them factor in external electrons, because external electrons do not take part in the reactions.

Sorry, but the theory is utter nonsense.
Thank you for your message.

We already had this discussion. I would really apreciate if you would read the reference I provided, and perhaps you could let me know what I might not be interpreting correctly.

The study clarly states:

(...) This work demonstrates that cathodic electrons enter the electron transport chain of S. oneidensis when oxygen is used as the terminal electron acceptor. (...) The possibility of these cathode-derived electrons entering the cellular electron transport chain (ETC) was investigated (...) the interaction of cathodic electrons with the cellular electron transport chain, specifically in protein components that interact with protons (i.e., the bc1 complex and complex I), is supported by this work (Table 1). Combined with evidence from electron transport chain inhibitor studies (Fig. 2 and 3) and ATP quantification (Fig. 4), these data strongly suggest the generation of proton motive force and subsequent utilization for cellular processes under aerobic and cathodic conditions.(...) Cathode oxidation also correlated with an increase in the cellular redox (NADH/ FMNH2) pool determined with a bioluminescence assay, a proton uncoupler, and a mutant of proton-pumping NADH oxidase complex I. This work suggested that the generation of NADH/FMNH2 under cathodic conditions was linked to reverse electron flow mediated by complex I (...)

So, it seems that indeed, electrons from the battery get incorporated into the mitochondria.

As for electrons flowing inside the body, this study shows the systemic properties of grounding. It makes sense as electrons will find the pathway of less resistance:

(...)The results of this innovative study demonstrate that even one-hour contact with the Earth appears to promote significantly autonomic nervous system control of body fluids and peripheral blood flow that may improve blood circulation in the torso and face, facial tissue repair, skin health and vitality and optimize facial appearance(...)

https://www.scirp.org/html/14-8203393_58836.htm

Best wishes

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

(...)The results of this innovative study demonstrate that even one-hour contact with the Earth appears to promote significantly autonomic nervous system control of body fluids and peripheral blood flow that may improve blood circulation in the torso and face, facial tissue repair, skin health and vitality and optimize facial appearance(...)

thank you for this fascinating information.....

I"ve had alot of positive direct experiences with energetic medicine.

I recently moved and it just dawned on me that I now have access to something really important:

a lawn growing in contact with The Earth. even having living earthworms! A sign of good vibrations.

I've been upstairs in an apartment, below was landscaped in gravel. and not making it to a park where lawns exist that my delicate bare feet might tolerate.

(I also lost most subcutaneous fat deposits)

I also now have several choices of chairs, to maybe try out earth contact.

Rufous McKinney

I'm glad you finally get to sit out in a yard.

I famously (?) shared around here someplace, how I had this lounge chair downstairs back at the apartments, plastic over it, not in anybody's way.

so the landlord gave it away. ??

I melted down (prior outdoor furniture existed, but moved out when Unit 3 left) (and I got the chair back, minus the plastic cover)...grumbling.

it became this very big deal, that disabled Rufous, cannot sit outside in the lawn chair.

I actually declared to the landlord: I am disabled. Its the first time I ever said that.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@serg1942 - very interesting post!

I have been 2 years connected to earth for the most part of the day,

How do you manage to be connected to the earth for the most part of the day?

I used to try to ground myself for 2 hours a day, weather and health and time permitting, but it involved sitting outside with my feet on the ground (actually cement, no dirt where I lived, but it worked). It's more difficult where I live now for a combination of reasons I won't go into here.

However, I did see benefits from grounding when I was able to do it, most notably sleeping better and would love to be able to do it more.

L'engle

moogle
I famously (?) shared around here someplace, how I had this lounge chair downstairs back at the apartments, plastic over it, not in anybody's way.

so the landlord gave it away. ??

I melted down (prior outdoor furniture existed, but moved out when Unit 3 left) (and I got the chair back, minus the plastic cover)...grumbling.

it became this very big deal, that disabled Rufous, cannot sit outside in the lawn chair.

I actually declared to the landlord: I am disabled. Its the first time I ever said that.

I remember that!

Viala

I think grounding is vital to our health, we don't spend much time walking barefoot on a grass anymore and when we go out we're isolated from the ground by rubber soles in our shoes. Isn't it strange? We spend months in this state. From an evolutionary point of view it is not natural, we always were connected to the ground. If I lived in a less populated area, I'd be grounding myself every day. Not to mention that it is so pleasant to walk barefoot on a grass, a sandy beach or swimming in a sea.

It makes me wonder, since we're electroconductive, maybe being wired and tired has a second meaning here.

serg1942

thank you for this fascinating information.....

I"ve had alot of positive direct experiences with energetic medicine.

I recently moved and it just dawned on me that I now have access to something really important:

a lawn growing in contact with The Earth. even having living earthworms! A sign of good vibrations.

I've been upstairs in an apartment, below was landscaped in gravel. and not making it to a park where lawns exist that my delicate bare feet might tolerate.

(I also lost most subcutaneous fat deposits)

I also now have several choices of chairs, to maybe try out earth contact.
That's wonderful! :) I wish had a real ground available. Unfortunately I live in a 1st floor condo and I have to connect myself to the electrical system, which needs extra precautions and it's never the same I think...

serg1942

@serg1942 - very interesting post!

How do you manage to be connected to the earth for the most part of the day?

I used to try to ground myself for 2 hours a day, weather and health and time permitting, but it involved sitting outside with my feet on the ground (actually cement, no dirt where I lived, but it worked). It's more difficult where I live now for a combination of reasons I won't go into here.

However, I did see benefits from grounding when I was able to do it, most notably sleeping better and would love to be able to do it more.
I connect myself to the ground wire of the electrical system... It requieres to take some precautions such as rule out "dirty electricity", reduce the electromagnetic fields around you as much as possible, put a resistor between your body and ground, and have a voltimeter handy to confirm that you are indeed grounded, given that the cables break easily (I use a TENS electrode). But it works and you can have it anywhere you are at home, either in bed or on the mouse-pad, for example...

Viala

I connect myself to the ground wire of the electrical system... It requieres to take some precautions such as rule out "dirty electricity", reduce the electromagnetic fields around you as much as possible, put a resistor between your body and ground, and have a voltimeter handy to confirm that you are indeed grounded, given that the cables break easily (I use a TENS electrode). But it works and you can have it anywhere you are at home, either in bed or on the mouse-pad, for example...
I experimented with that as well a bit, how do you check if there's dirty electricity?

serg1942

I experimented with that as well a bit, how do you check if there's dirty electricity?
There are expensive testers and filters to detect and correct dirty electricity, but I don't think this is necessarily. Dirty electricity is just "noise" that makes the sinusoidal 50 Hz electricity wave to look "diferent" or "hairy".

You could check this with an oscilloscope if you know someone with one. However, I don't think this is necessary either.

The dirty electricity is a distorsion of the voltage, and it runs in the live wire. If you take a wire from the ground of the outlet and you put a 100 komh resistor in the wire, and you confirm that the ground works well (with a voltmeter), you won't get any unwanted voltage that could be "leaking" into the group wire.

Now, the problem of dirty electricity is the electric field that it emits (from the wires) at frequencies in the Khz range. Then, when these waves touch you while grounded, they will create an alternating current from body to earth.

Is this very small current better or worse than not being grounded while exposed to electromagnetic waves? This is the million dollar question. I have been trying to find an answer for this question for years, to no avail...

I have reduced to almost cero all low and high frequency waves, just in case.

Does that make sense?

Wishful

The study clarly states:
It also says: "Because of this, the explicit route(s) of electron flow from the cathode remain unclear; however, the interaction of cathodic electrons with the cellular electron transport chain, specifically in protein components that interact with protons (i.e., the bc1 complex and complex I), is supported by this work (Table 1). Combined with evidence from electron transport chain inhibitor studies (Fig. 2 and 3) and ATP quantification (Fig. 4), these data strongly suggest the generation of proton motive force and subsequent utilization for cellular processes under aerobic and cathodic conditions."

Note that it is not clear; it's "supported" and "strongly suggested", but not actually proven. They've got a theory, and they're searching for indirect evidence to support it. They haven't found clear proof.

The experimental setup leaves the question of whether the changes in bacterial activity might be due to the ions in the electrolyte. Currents through electrolytes are not electrons; they are ions. Electrons from a battery will flow through a wire to the electrode, where they bind to an ion, and that ion may move through the electrolyte. Also, note that the experimental setup has two (actually three; I assume the third is for measurements) electrodes. Connecting to a single electrode (or a spoon, or a cat, or anything else) only balances static potential between the two. If there is an actual electron flow through a chain of bacterial cells, that still doesn't apply to attaching electrodes to the outside of the human body. Here's a test they missed: they should have traced (magnetic field?) the path of current flow between cathode and anode. Ionic flow would look different from cell chain flow.

Touching a battery (or earth) does not cause free electrons to flow into your body and travel to your mitochondria. Electrons from a static source will flow to the outside of your body, and stay there, because that's what the mathematics of electric force says they'll do. If their experimental setup involved applying a static charge to the electrode, they would have seen no change in the bacteria (except for external side-effects, such as ozone production, attracting dust, etc).

I can't think of any chemical reaction that involves free electrons. If there was, a bowl of the stuff would spontaneously generate a static charge. Mix it in a metal bowl and get a shock? Nope, can't think of any chemical that does that.

This study does not support biochemical reactions from grounding or touching just one electrode of a battery.

Wishful

Dirty electricity is just "noise" that makes the sinusoidal 50 Hz electricity wave to look "diferent" or "hairy".
leIt's just sinusoidal voltages of different frequencies. The voltage between the wires might be 120 VAC @ 50 Hz, plus 17 VAC @12.78 Hz, plus 5.69 VAC @ 1.8156 MHz. At one instant, they might add to a peak voltage of the sum of all those voltages x 1.414; at another instant, they might add to zero.

If you take a wire from the ground of the outlet and you put a 100 komh resistor in the wire, and you confirm that the ground works well (with a voltmeter), you won't get any unwanted voltage that could be "leaking" into the group wire.
No, the resistor doesn't remove those unwanted voltages. You'd need reactive impedance to reduce signals at different frequencies. The resistor just reduces the voltage of all frequencies, depending on the resistance elsewhere in the circuit. If your body had a resistance of 100K, you'd reduce the voltage your body experiences by 1/2. If your body's resistance was 1 ohm, you'd drop the voltage by nearly 100K ... for all frequencies.
Now, the problem of dirty electricity is the electric field that it emits (from the wires) at frequencies in the Khz range. Then, when these waves touch you while grounded, they will create an alternating current from body to earth.
If you're touching the wires, you're getting all the frequencies of sinusoidal voltages. The EMF from the wire should be trivial in comparison. BTW, if you really want to avoid the electric (and magnetic) field from the wire, just use shielded wire, with the shield grounded.

I have reduced to almost cero all low and high frequency waves, just in case.
Only if you encase yourself in a Faraday cage. If you touch an unshielded conductor, you'll be getting signals of pretty much the whole spectrum. You're constantly exposed to EMFs from the sub-Hz range up to the THz range and beyond. Grounding yourself doesn't change that; it actually makes it worse, since you're reducing your impedance. Vertical antennas (a body counts) develop a higher induced current when you also have a good ground connection. Ham radio operators like to drive in lots of ground electrodes to make their antennas more effective. So, if you're worried about currents induced in your body by EMFs, don't ground yourself.

Viala

You could check this with an oscilloscope if you know someone with one. However, I don't think this is necessary either.
Thanks so much for a thorough reply! I only have voltmeter here, but I'll ask around about oscilloscope, it would be interesting to see the 'hairy' wave if that's the case here. There was a time when I wanted to buy filters but I found out that I had to buy a couple of them and that was too expensive.

I know that my router power supply probably creates dirty electricity. It is in another room but it is connected to my computer via ethernet cable, not sure if this is safe. I think I feel better when it's off, but it may be placebo.

Because I don't know if I have dirty electricity here, I guess from what you're saying it would be best to turn off what I can during grounding, right? I also live in a populated area so would it be safe to ground here at all, could I pick up dirty electricity this way as well?

Is this very small current better or worse than not being grounded while exposed to electromagnetic waves? This is the million dollar question. I have been trying to find an answer for this question for years, to no avail...

I imagine that it should make us feel better, similar to walking barefoot. If it doesn't create that feeling then probably it's not working the same way, but of course there are many factors including the fact that being in nature already makes us feel better. Maybe a two plants test? One of them grounded this way all the time. If plants would be affected by it.

Wishful

I also live in a populated area so would it be safe to ground here at all, could I pick up dirty electricity this way as well?
You're picking up signals all across the spectrum constantly, unless you shield yourself. Unless you can prove that a particular frequency is doing you noticeable harm, you might be harming yourself more by worrying about nothing.

Wishful

This is similar to grounding, as when the body is connected to ground, the direct voltage on your body gets negative (of around - 0.2 V).
That statement keeps bothering me. What "direct voltage" on your body gets negative? Negative with respect to what? If you ground your body, the voltage is zero wrt the ground, except for temporarily induced voltages from EMFs.

With the "touching the negative pole of a battery", that is not like touching ground, unless the battery is physically enormous. A battery is not a device that holds a surplus of electrons on its negative plate; it has a potential difference between the two plates, and connecting them allows electrons to flow through the wire, and ions to flow through the electrolyte. That flow doesn't change the charge of the circuit wrt anything around the battery.

A capacitor is a device that does store a surplus of electrons on one plate and an equal deficiency on the other. However, touching one plate doesn't change the respective charges, except for a small amount depending on your body's capacitance as part of a two-capacitor circuit. The capacitor or battery could have a high deficiency of electrons as a single object (ie. a +100 megavolt charge wrt ground), but that doesn't change the charges on the plates or the voltage between them. So, touching the negative pole is exactly the same in terms of electrons as touching the case of the battery or touching a non-battery object with similar physical properties.

Electrons move due to electrostatic force. If your body is totally charge-balanced and you fire a single electron at it, the electron will move to a location in your body that balances the forces on it. If you add a second electron, they'll move as far apart as they can (exterior points of your skin). Add a few more and they'll all arrange themselves to minimize the forces on them. While a mitochondria in your body might accept an electron from a donor molecule, there's no force on those electrons on your skin pushing them to that spot on that mitochondria, so "free electrons" do not magically the electron transport chain in mitochondria.

I'm not even sure that "electron transport chain" is a correct description of the process. To me it doesn't sound like a single electron is moving around. It sounds more like a series of covalent bonds, where a molecule breaks one covalent (electron sharing) bond and forms another with a different molecule, leading to a lower state of overall energy. AFAIK, covalent bonds do not attract free electrons. Connecting a bowl of free radicals to a source of free electrons won't cause any chemical reactions, and grounding won't affect body chemistry.

junkcrap50

Very cool and all. I’ve been interested and waiting to hear how your antipurigenic therapy has worked.

To the extent you have done and are planning on going (CO, earthing,etc), I must ask, why don’t you just buy suramin and use the real thing?

This was not possible for many years. But there has been advancements among bio hackers/individuals in making contacts with China chemical/pharmaceutical manufacturers for chemical and custom synthesis, as well as testing labs for verification. Several have been “vetted” and have made custom syntheses for people on various forums and for some mecfs people we know. I’m sure a lab could be found to do sterile packing of the raw product too. It would not be prohibitively expensive.

In fact, synthesized suramin can now be found online for sale.

Last edited:

serg1942

It also says: "Because of this, the explicit route(s) of electron flow from the cathode remain unclear; however, the interaction of cathodic electrons with the cellular electron transport chain, specifically in protein components that interact with protons (i.e., the bc1 complex and complex I), is supported by this work (Table 1). Combined with evidence from electron transport chain inhibitor studies (Fig. 2 and 3) and ATP quantification (Fig. 4), these data strongly suggest the generation of proton motive force and subsequent utilization for cellular processes under aerobic and cathodic conditions."

Note that it is not clear; it's "supported" and "strongly suggested", but not actually proven. They've got a theory, and they're searching for indirect evidence to support it. They haven't found clear proof.

The experimental setup leaves the question of whether the changes in bacterial activity might be due to the ions in the electrolyte. Currents through electrolytes are not electrons; they are ions. Electrons from a battery will flow through a wire to the electrode, where they bind to an ion, and that ion may move through the electrolyte. Also, note that the experimental setup has two (actually three; I assume the third is for measurements) electrodes. Connecting to a single electrode (or a spoon, or a cat, or anything else) only balances static potential between the two. If there is an actual electron flow through a chain of bacterial cells, that still doesn't apply to attaching electrodes to the outside of the human body. Here's a test they missed: they should have traced (magnetic field?) the path of current flow between cathode and anode. Ionic flow would look different from cell chain flow.

Touching a battery (or earth) does not cause free electrons to flow into your body and travel to your mitochondria. Electrons from a static source will flow to the outside of your body, and stay there, because that's what the mathematics of electric force says they'll do. If their experimental setup involved applying a static charge to the electrode, they would have seen no change in the bacteria (except for external side-effects, such as ozone production, attracting dust, etc).

I can't think of any chemical reaction that involves free electrons. If there was, a bowl of the stuff would spontaneously generate a static charge. Mix it in a metal bowl and get a shock? Nope, can't think of any chemical that does that.

This study does not support biochemical reactions from grounding or touching just one electrode of a battery.

Hi @Wishful

I aprecie that you read the studies I provided.

As for the study of a battery giving electrons to the mitochondria of bacteria, the only doubts they express is the exact pathway of electrons, but not the fact that electroms from the cathode reduce NAD+ and other proteins that eventually are used by the mitochondria to recycle ADP into ATP. You can clearly see that when the circuit is closed the ratio of ATP/ADP clearly increases.

The electrons cannot come from electrolytes as you implied. A reaction of the aquos KCL solution at the cathode is:

2H2O(l) + 2e⁻ → H2(g) ↑ + 2OH⁻(aq)

As the study states: "cathodic conditions yielded on average 23.7 ± 5 (n = 4) times more current consumption than production."

What means that there is is extra electrons consumption by the bacteria.

You raise a good point raising the doubt of the difference about an actual current and a negative static voltage applied to the body when grounded.

Ok, let's go one step at a time:

When the body is connected to a negative voltage, there's an initial current of electrons flowing from the negative pole to the body, until the number of electrons are equilibrated. Then, the total number of electrons in a grounded body increases. This can be easily measured with a voltmeter. A non grounded body has a potential difference respect to earth of about 1 mV, and when grounded it goes down to around - 280 mV.

Do extra electrons reach the tissues? You can see they do in this study, where an insulated cannula is inserted in a vein in grounded individuals, and the body voltages decreases to - 280 mV

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22420736/

Do the electrons from the battery (or ground) change the number of electrons in the cell?: it seems they do. This study shows an increase of Zeta potentials of RBCs when grounding. This is actually a number depending on the number of negative charges on the surface of RBCs:

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full...cardiovascular risk and cardiovascular events.

Does the organism have proper pathways for free electrons movement? You can read this review on this very subject, where the authors explains:

"(...) while skin tends to have a relatively high resistance to the flow of electricity, significant electrical coupling across the skin to the body interior is evidenced by the ability to record the electrocardiogram and the electroencephalogram from the heart and brain, respectively, and is also evidenced, by the ability of electrical fields applied to the skin to enter the body and influence the functioning of those organs. (...) the entire extracellular and cellular matrix is a biophysical storage system or accumulator for electrical
charge (...) While electrons flow through the protein backbone (electricity), protons flow through the water layer (...) :

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19524846/

As for the electrical part of the discussion, I see that this is your expertise and not mine, so I'll just add a few comments:

- You are totally right. The resistor only reduces a posible unwanted voltage.

- You are right, I have painted my room with conductive paint connected to ground, so yes, I pretty much live in a "quasi-Faraday cage" :)

The effect that low and high EMF waves have on the body is well established. Professor Martin Pall himself have published extensively on this. For example:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/

Please read the study I provided above and you will see the setup I mean. You measure your direct body voltage respect to earth from you finger. And then you do the same grounded, you'll see a around -280 mV of difference, even if you measure in a vein, as they do in the study.

When I say that I connect to a battery, the positive pole must be grounded, so now I have -27 V respect to ground, when touching the negative pole.

Over the electron transport chain of the mitochondria electrons do indeed pass from one molecule to another, from glucose/lipid/protein oxidation to NAD+ y FAD+, then to the different complexes, to finally reduce oxygen and form water, as ADP is recycled into ATP. I understand that these are just redox reactions, not covalent bonds.

Please understand that if you negate that the effect of negative voltage on the body is not due to the transfer of electrons, then your should give an alternative theory to explain all the studies' findings. The effects of grounding on the human physiology if profound.

I hope this discussion is useful,

Take care!