• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Unrest" updates

dannybex

Good article apart from that one word would be great if he would edit or clarify
Looks like 'psychosomatic' has indeed been removed. Here's a more direct link:

http://cinesthesiac.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/moving-forwards-unrest.html

"We get a very real sense, watching Unrest, of Brea the indomitable go-getter, determined not to let her malfunctioning mitochondria get in the way of stitching together what counts as the first comprehensive onscreen treatment of ME and other comparable conditions - a film that carries us all from yellowing cases of hysteria to a place of greater knowledge."

CFSTheBear

Looks like 'psychosomatic' has indeed been removed. Here's a more direct link:

http://cinesthesiac.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/moving-forwards-unrest.html

"We get a very real sense, watching Unrest, of Brea the indomitable go-getter, determined not to let her malfunctioning mitochondria get in the way of stitching together what counts as the first comprehensive onscreen treatment of ME and other comparable conditions - a film that carries us all from yellowing cases of hysteria to a place of greater knowledge."
Oh - nice. Looks like he didn't publish my comment but, hey, job done.

Don't think this has been posted yet, 50 minute radio interview with Jen Brea on BBC World Service from October 11:

Inflection Point: How To Be Taken Seriously When You Have a Mystery Illness - Jennifer Brea, Unrest http://kalw.org/post/inflection-poi...mystery-illness-jennifer-brea-unrest#stream/0
Really liked this one, thanks Joh!
Having a tough day (not a crash, actually doing better and getting frustrated and annoyed with myself and everything).
Listening to Jen helps me reframe. I am grateful for the function I have and excited to make the most of the life I do have. I waste less energy on what others might possibly think, whether I'm credible, and more on what do I want from the life I do have. What can I enjoy _today_? And what can I plan for this month? And how wonderful it is that I can have that much, even if unpredictable.

ballard

Holding On To Hope copy.jpeg

So grateful to Jen and her team for their brilliant film.

Hajnalka

Hi @ballard, perfect (as always), thank you! :thumbsup:

Your picture really shows how I feel every day. It sounds silly, but checking for Unrest updates (and there are thankfully always plenty) helps me to hold on while I'm stuck in bed, because it gives me hope. I could imagine that Unrest would tweet your picture (but I'm not on Twitter).

ballard

Hi @ballard, perfect (as always), thank you! :thumbsup:

Your picture really shows how I feel every day. It sounds silly, but checking for Unrest updates (and there are thankfully always plenty) helps me to hold on while I'm stuck in bed, because it gives me hope. I could imagine that Unrest would tweet your picture (but I'm not on Twitter).

Hi @Joh, Thank you so much for your kind words. The cartoons keep me going.

If anyone could tell me how to get the cartoon to the "Unrest" team, maybe they'll post it on
twitter.

pattismith

Do you think that Unrest will be wisible in some other countries (I mean outside english speaking countries)?

Hajnalka

Do you think that Unrest will be wisible in some other countries (I mean outside english speaking countries)?
Hi @pattismith,

Professional subtitles for Unrest will be available in French, Spanish and German. And volunteers are making more subtitles, I believe Danish was recently finished.

Unrest will be available on iTunes worldwide from Oktober 31. and on DVD in December (both with subtitles). For screenings on the big screen worldwide you'd have to check out the Unrest website. If community screenings are happening depends mostly on volunteers. I'm in a volunteer group and e.g. a screening in Pakistan was recently scheduled and others all over the world. :)

Or did I get your question wrong and you meant visible as in getting media attention? I guess not at all comparable to English speaking countries and we had just one screening in Germany so far, but the visibility would in part also depend on all of us. E.g. I contacted two journalists so far and one is interested in writing about Unrest in a big German national newspaper (but the newspaper has to say ok first). I guess there are several ways we could help to make Unrest more visible in our countries.

Greetings to France!

Last edited:

pattismith

Thank you @Joh , I meant visible on a big screen, I will have a look on their website

edit: I had a look but couldn't find...