• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unofficial - will Stanford be replicating WPI's findings?

parvofighter

Mid-crash these days, hence my recent scarcity.:Retro redface: Just had to post this tho, to see if anyone can find out more info. This from a Feb 2nd posting: http://infertilitymom.blogspot.com/2010/02/bubbling-joy.html . If I understand correctly, Jennifer is an XMRV-positive patient of Dr Montoya's (of Valganciclovir fame). She's also getting intravenous immunoglobulin therapy (IVIg), and hopes to participate in clinical trials with WPI as soon as they are available.

"The trip to Stanford was productive, if for no other reason than that I became a catalyst to connect Dr. Montoya (Stanford) and Dr. Mikovitz (Whittemore Peterson Institute) as Stanford looks toward replicating WPI's findings."

OK, folks with connections, can you provide more info? Is there a formal XMRV replication study at Stanford University in the works? Other scuttlebutt? Boy, that would be cool... Cornell joining the fray... now Stanford? Fingers crossed.

Thanks!

T

thefreeprisoner

Hey Parvo! Welcome back!
Was just wondering yesterday what had happened to you.

Rachel xx

Hysterical Woman

Mid-crash these days, hence my recent scarcity.:Retro redface: Just had to post this tho, to see if anyone can find out more info. This from a Feb 2nd posting: http://infertilitymom.blogspot.com/2010/02/bubbling-joy.html . If I understand correctly, Jennifer is an XMRV-positive patient of Dr Montoya's (of Valganciclovir fame). She's also getting intravenous immunoglobulin therapy (IVIg), and hopes to participate in clinical trials with WPI as soon as they are available.

"The trip to Stanford was productive, if for no other reason than that I became a catalyst to connect Dr. Montoya (Stanford) and Dr. Mikovitz (Whittemore Peterson Institute) as Stanford looks toward replicating WPI's findings."​

OK, folks with connections, can you provide more info? Is there a formal XMRV replication study at Stanford University in the works? Other scuttlebutt? Boy, that would be cool... Cornell joining the fray... now Stanford? Fingers crossed.​

Thanks!​

Hi Parvo,

Very interesting news, thanks for posting - now get thee to bed!

Don't make me come up there.:Retro smile:

HW

CBS

Stanford?

I see Dr. Montoya a week from today (2/10). I was already going to ask but I'll let you know if someone doesn't post something before then.

JAH

I called Montoya's office today and left a message- but haven't heard anything. I live somewhat near Stanford, and would be interested in any studies there. I see my doctor next week- she knows Montoya, so if I learn anything, I will let you know.

JAH