• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unexplained numbness?

ChookityPop

Moderator's Note: the first three posts in this thread have been moved from this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-to-gain-tools-to-get-the-care-we-need.84303/

I went to an immunologist I think in the second year of illness. He did testing and some results showed myelin antibodies. I also had high titers of EBV and it was his belief that the EBV was attacking the myelin sheath. I wish I still had these test results because I have wanted to show them to other Dr.'s.

Edited to add: Besides all the usual CFS symptoms, I had profound muscle weakness along with patches of numbness.
what do you mean by patches of numbness? When growing up I have had random spots on my body where I dont have any sensation to touch, more or less numb. It persisted for long times each time. But Its probably not the same as you mentioning. Ive always thought what I had was weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufous McKinney

But Its probably not the same as you mentioning. Ive always thought what I had was weird.

I think she may be referring to peripheral neuropathy...

I have this ulnar nerve numbness half my right hand, half my right foot.

Left foot: more and more numbness appearing

Right hand: the left half is also numb and itches without a rash being there.

Itches without rashes....

ChookityPop

I think she may be referring to peripheral neuropathy...

I have this ulnar nerve numbness half my right hand, half my right foot.

Left foot: more and more numbness appearing

Right hand: the left half is also numb and itches without a rash being there.

Itches without rashes....
I also get this numbness at times. I very easily get carpal tunnel and also like you describing. Mostly in my hands on both arms. But I can keep them in check if I don't type as much and use my pc mouse etc.

Is it better for you if you stop triggering activities? Or do you have it all the time?

Rufous McKinney

Or do you have it all the time?

Most of the time, but those tissues are sensitive to EMF. I try to keep my hand away from ....all that as I type this.

I got elbow bursistis- and my heel is matching my elbow right now. It is another thing not computing, as the causes of bursistis are an injury. The doctor just scratches his head.

this elbow bursa- it hates the laptop EMF- it just screams in complaint if my left elbow gets near it.

Rufous McKinney

Mostly in my hands on both arms. But I can keep them in check if I don't type as much and use my pc mouse etc.

I also get inflammation in the surperficial veins on my hand- and it can run up my arm at times and feels quite yucky and awful. It is somewhat radiating out of the joint on my knuckle.

I use a Topical THC creme on this inflammed vein thing and it- really helps that. Then it feels a bit less numb there after.

Tammy

what do you mean by patches of numbness?
The areas of numbness started out in small areas on different parts of my body. sometimes it was around the mouth and above my ears. Sometimes I felt numb areas on my back. when I say numb, doesn't mean I can't feel touch. I can still feel if something were to touch me but it feels muted. The way I used to explain it was what it would feel like if you put a pair of Lady's panty hose on. If someone touched your leg with the hose on it would feel different than if the touch was to your direct skin.