• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Understanding HIV's infectious grip!

Desdinova

"Once HIV gets into these cells, the virus can then go to sleep," said Co-Head of the Burnet Institute's Centre for Virology and Director of The Alfred's Infectious Diseases Unit, Professor Sharon Lewin.

"These silently infected cells are not cleared by anti-HIV drugs or the immune system (meaning) once a patient stops the anti-HIV drugs, the virus can then wake up and gets going again.

I've pondered that for years. My ex father in-law who was a surgeon told me I was dumb and crazy to think that. Then again he also told me that my IBS was because of poor diet and psychological stress. That it would quickly go away when I learned to breath, relax and get more fiber. :rolleyes: