• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UltraClear Plus PH by Metagenics-" Medical Food" for CFS Patients

TheMoonIsBlue

Has anyone tried UltraClear Plus PH? It is a "Medical Food" made by Metagenics.

The description reads:

"Ultra Plus pH is a medical food formulated to provide enhanced, specialized nutritional support for patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, and includes macro- and micronutrients to address altered energetic function and liver detoxification. Featuring potassium citrate and sesame, this formula helps to promote alkalinization and support Phase II liver detoxification function. UltraClear Plus pH also provides glycine and magnesium sulfate to support Phase II detoxification activities, as well as green tea catechins and mixed carotenoids to provide antioxidant protection against potentially harmful compounds generated during the natural detoxification process. Provided in low-allergenic-potential rice protein concentrate base— which may be beneficial during times of increased detoxification burden— this formula provides well-rounded nutritional support."

Thanks!

camas

I've used plain UltraClear. The first time was under the supervision of my doctor, but I've done it several times on my own too. It's a fairly painless way to detox if you take it slowly. I always start with something like 1/2 scoop the first day and then slowly work myself up to the full dose. It leaves me feeling better for awhile. There's also UltraClear Sustain that you can take after detoxing as maintenance.

TheMoonIsBlue

Thanks for the reply, Camas.
I see there is also a product by Metagenics called UltraClear Macro....looks like it has the same nutrients/ingredients as UltraClear and UltraClear PH to help support detoxification, but without the vitamins and minerals...... so it is cheaper. Thorne Research also makes a similar like product called MediClear, but some people were posting that the taste left a lot to be desired.

camas

Thanks for mentioning the UltraClear Macro. These products are a bit pricey, so that might be a way to go. There may be better deals out there, but I know you can get a discount on all the Metagenics items at organicpharmacy.org if you enter the coupon code META when you check out. It's also helpful to order the booklet on how to do the month-long detox program. It explains what foods you can eat in the beginning and then what foods to add back as you get towards the end of the month.

UltraClear doesn't too taste bad, but is a bit gritty. You can just mix it in water and take it straight or put it in a non-dairy smoothie. I like to use hemp milk.

TheMoonIsBlue

Thanks Camas! The one thing I am unclear about is all the UltraClear products, and from what I'm seeing, all the Metagenics Multivitamins as well, contain Copper.
I thought we should avoid Copper as a supplement because it is pro-oxidative (sp?) Sigh. Who knows what's good or bad for us anymore?

leaves

I think The thorne brand is better. It does not contain copper and the vitamins are in better, more absorbable forms

camas

I didn't know copper was an issue for us. Thanks for cluing me in! Thorne makes excellent products too. Maybe I'll try that the next time I do a detox.

leaves

another real goood 'detoxshake' is paleocleanse by designs for health, this is even superior to the Thorne one (altho it does contain copper). Much more expensive tho...
:(
MSM is an issue for many, so if you get very foggy it could be because of that.