• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK Functional medicine doctors

I feel a little sad having read non positive posts regarding functional medicine doctors on other threads as I currently feel like its my next step.

I have my biological dentist working on issues I have going on and I need a doctor to direct my recovery in other areas with elements I have not looked at properly.

I can't afford to make a mistake. This will be the only chance I have at getting another doctor to help. I am considering Dr. Anton Krige.

I decided I need to do some more due diligence as to who I see.
I want an experienced doctor who also or has moved to practicing functional medicine. It makes me nervous that I cant see any reviews when google searching and I note the same for Neil Nathan who he is under the mentorship umbrella. On the flip side I like what he has to say and how he explains things in some presentations I've seen him do.

I would be grateful if anyone has any experience with Anton or other doctors in the UK, Ireland even as that's where I'm from.

Its such a hard path to navigate so your feedback and thoughts would be appreciated.

Brief history
  • Symptoms are typical of ME - diagnosed as such
  • Chronic mold exposure years preceding getting sick and really up until last year. I don't believe there is any current major exposure but potentially as it's an old house. No treatment or testing as I did not understand it may be required
  • Dental issues - Multiple amalgam removal 1.5 years ago, last removal of one amalgam 5 weeks ago, one root canal left, 2 root canals removed, 2 cavitation's (Only recently confirmed), TMJD (Currently undergoing initial treatment) - No detox carried out
  • Epstein Barr virus positive IGM February last year (Treatment ongoing - valacyclovir - quick relapse in symptoms when stopped over the course of over a year of taking)
  • Previous heavy drinker and smoker - Neither for 2 year or so.
  • Previous Chronic work stress - Not worked in over a year with a lot of the previous year off from breakdown and alcohol issues (I think the health issues had a major part to play)
  • Previous chronic life and emotional stress - Now it's mostly just this!
  • I don't believe I have the symptoms of someone with lyme but I definitely remember a large expanding bite which took over the back of one leg a few years ago which I took a picture of at the time but have not been able to find it, unfortunately I think it may have been lost from my phone not being backed up.
  • Noticeable decline from 2016, increasing in nature in 2017, continual ill health sinus and chest infections, lots of pain throughout body, flu teasers, as I used to call them with dental infections all through this time and to a substantial crash and decline in summer 2020 with varying levels of progress and decline ever since
  • I am far from my worst right now but having had a major crash at Christmas it has taken me months to recover somewhat.