• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK doctors willing to prescribe/trial medications for M.E.?

Replenished

I've had a search for M.E. consultants/doctors on the forum and there are few mentioned but they seem to be mostly functional medicine doctors or doctors who specalise immunology, allergies, viruses etc. Does anyone know of a doctor who works with M.E. patients who's willing to prescribe medications in an attempt to improve symptoms?

There are certain medications I liked to try based on my understanding of what may be causing my symptoms. For example i'm interested in trying Nimodipine for circulation and also possibly some GABA related drugs other than benzos. I know my GP won't prescribe these purely based on me asking or explaining why I think they may help so I'm wondering who I can contact?