• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK Covid lobbying - though not holding my breath

Found this open letter to UK supermarkets and the government about recognising ME/CFS as vulnerable and prioritised folks for preferential access to shops.

http://www.meresearch.org.uk/letter...-and-the-all-party-parliamentary-group-on-me/

Not expecting it to change anything, but good to see pressure groups lobbying for better recognition of the challenges we face right now.

Just the thought of queuing for ages outside the supermarket is exhausting amd we now can’t get a delivery slot with our usual supermarket as they are prioritising those on the governments list, which doesn’t include ME.. Luckily, we will be out of isolation some point next week, so the wife will be making a dash to the shops.

Stay well everyone

Brog

Wolfcub

Thank you for posting this @FainBrog

It might be dificult to get recognition for an ME/CFS condition, but many also have underlying conditions, such as POTS for example, and other illnesses which may go some way medically-speaking to being recognised as a vulnerable health group. I am hoping so anyway.

Wolfcub

I might have guessed ME/CFS wouldn't be on the list of "vulnerable people" who may be entitled to priority online grocery orders/deliveries in UK as @brenda just mentioned in this thread
So, for anyone under 70, the only hope of that would be if the GP registers a person with a condition running with ME/CFS, and is prepared to do that.

Otherwise these people will have to stand in queues outside grocery stores!! With the prescribed "6feet" between them (as if that's good enough) Sooner or later I know I'm going to have to do that too, as I am only 67.

Not that I mean to complain (and I am sorry if it comes across that way as yes I am slightly pee'd off with us being forced into queues) Because I am actually glad there is some provision for the elderly and infirm.

But sad ME/CFS is not being considered.