• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

uBiome Receives Patent for Diagnosing ME?

Horizon

Is Ubiome introducing a new biomarker or diagnostic for ME?

"The patented technology involves diagnosing an endocrine system condition such as chronic fatigue syndrome, Graves’ disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, metabolic disease, obesity, and Type I and II diabetes, and generating a therapy model using biological samples from uBiome’s proprietary database."

https://www.prweb.com/releases/ubio...endocrine_system_conditions/prweb15995198.htm

ljimbo423

This issuance will lead to further development in predicting the likelihood of occurrence of endocrine system conditions in individuals and in designing therapies for these endocrine system conditions, which may include the modification of the microbiota using prebiotics and probiotics.

Together, these potential impacts could improve the treatment and management of endocrine system conditions in individuals.

This could potentially help some with mild ME/CFS reverse their illness before they get to the moderate or severe stages.

Although it sounds like they are still gathering enough information to be able to make the distinction between the different microbiota's in these diseases and healthy people.

Horizon

This could potentially help some with mild ME/CFS reverse their illness before they get to the moderate or severe stages.

Although it sounds like they are still gathering enough information to be able to make the distinction between the different microbiota's in these diseases and healthy people.

Yeah, I am skeptical but nonetheless was happy to see someone else doing something which may be of benefit.

ljimbo423

Yeah, I am skeptical but nonetheless was happy to see someone else doing something which may be of benefit.

I agree. The more the better. I personally think the gut microbiome is going to be HUGE in putting ME/CFS into remission.

The more research that's done on it, the sooner I think researchers will make some much needed connections to low grade brain inflammation (as Jared Younger has found), immune system dysfunction, mitochondrial dysfunction ( as Fluge and Mella and others have found), etc.

Back