• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Twitching nerves

Emmarose47

Hi for some mths now I notice I have a nerve twitch in my body . Could be leg, foot , arm and that part of the body jumps ...
Anyone identify or have any knowledge .
Pain in my hands , feet , arms , legs is prevalent for me

xebex

yes i get this, i think its related to gaba/glutamate imabalance and dopamine swings.

really the only thing that helps in the moment is ibruprofen with muscle relaxant (am thinking of just getting a prescritpion for muscle rexant on its own)

magneisum glycinate with l theanine could also be helpful.

long term being careful with glutamate in diet could help

sadly i haven't figured out how to deal with dopamine issue, stimulants help but then even worse the next day.

ruben

I have had this myself. But compared to nausea, bloatedness, tiredness and migraines it's obviously pretty trivial. It's something though I'd have thought that the medical people should have pondered what exactly was going on.

Emmarose47

I guess as the central nervous system is so affected ...
I seem to have a concern I may seizure and Im not sure why I have this concern

ruben

Maybe I should have explained my muscle twitching a bit better. With me it would be where a small area of skin (only say 1 or 2 centimetres across) would be just vibrating on and off for a few minutes. Never bothered me, just a bit strange.

Pyrrhus

Maybe I should have explained my muscle twitching a bit better. With me it would be where a small area of skin (only say 1 or 2 centimetres across) would be just vibrating on and off for a few minutes.

Just in case you were wondering, that is a description of a "fasciculation"...

ruben

Thanks for that. I don't think I've seen that word. I will look it up. Please feel free to enlighten me about it.

Pyrrhus