• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tundrex Probiotic

Tiger Lily 813

Good Morning :)
I don't know if anyone watched Dr. Galland's videos on covid (on his website), but no matter what complex illness you're treating, I think it's pretty interesting..
Anyways, one probiotic that he suggested for long haul is called Tundrex. I've never heard of it. He said it's soil-based... maybe many probiotics are (?) ... that had me concerned as there's a lot in soil that I wouldn't want to consume. But I was intrigued and want to order it (I don't have digestive issues right now but want the benefit for overall health ). Please let me know if you have knowledge of or experience with this probiotic.
Thanks!!

It is a random, unspecified strain of Bacillus subtilis. 1 billion is quite low.

I've tried Megasporebiotic, HU58 and Supersmart Bacillus subtilis. Also Enterogermina which is Bacillus clausii but has a long research history and it is pharma grade. Go with something reputable.

Learner1

but want the benefit for overall health
Anything you take might alter the microbiome in unexpected ways. If you're not experiencing problems, it might be unwise to upset the apple cart. If you're really curious about your microbiome, and what gut supplements night help, you might try the Viome Gut Intelligence Test which customizes recommendations to your microbiome.

Marylib

He mentioned it again in this talk. Created from soil in Siberia for soldiers. Also discusses other probiotics including dietary sources - paying attention to how your own body reacts if you can't afford a test.