• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TUDCA dampens neuroinflammation

prioris

So is it advisable to try to take TUDCA or say, milk thistle.

This illness has driven me around the bend, truly. We try all kinds of supplements, have tall towers of supplements, and nothing changes things into a positive direction.

TUDCA (500mg) (olympia solutions on amazon) or UltraThistle brand (360mg) .... a good reasonable maintenance dose

another liver nutrient to be aware of ... choline in the form of PPC polyphosphitydal choline ... life extension hepatopro ... good if a liver needs to be cleaned up ... you can research this at your leisure

Last edited:

mariovitali

In my opinion things are not that clearcut as simply taking TUDCA. Bile acids metabolism is a very complex subject that's why we need experts

perrier

In my opinion things are not that clearcut as simply taking TUDCA. Bile acids metabolism is a very complex subject that's why we need experts
I agree entirely. And would prefer an expert to this do-it-yourself medicine that ME patients are thrown into. But where are they, these experts?

prioris

on a technical level you are correct ... there can be rarer conditions too ... we don't know everything ... but on a practical level it is not correct ... you have to focus on the LIKELY major risks ...

I don't focus on the asteroid risk even though it exists ... i don't focus much on earthquake risk since i'm in florida ... you have to look at your own situation

cholesterol sludge clogging can wreak MAJOR havoc on liver, gallbladder, bile duct and pancreas areas ... if it ever does then one needs to do the gallbladder cleanse to heal the problem

mariovitali

I agree entirely. And would prefer an expert to this do-it-yourself medicine that ME patients are thrown into. But where are they, these experts?

I would say that we must turn our attention to ME Organisations for this, not other researchers. This was the mistake i have been doing for many years.

An ME Organisation must be convinvced that the Liver might be the issue. I have 6-years worth of research that i could share with any interested research team. Unfortunately to this day, there have been no liver experts involved for a hypometabolic condition (...!!!)

Jwarrior77

on a technical level you are correct ... there can be rarer conditions too ... we don't know everything ... but on a practical level it is not correct ... you have to focus on the LIKELY major risks ...

I don't focus on the asteroid risk even though it exists ... i don't focus much on earthquake risk since i'm in florida ... you have to look at your own situation

cholesterol sludge clogging can wreak MAJOR havoc on liver, gallbladder, bile duct and pancreas areas ... if it ever does then one needs to do the gallbladder cleanse to heal the problem

What specific symptoms might one have if this is indeed the problem?

Back