• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TruDose platelet therapy

Hope_eternal

I’m in my beginning phase of researching this but was wondering if anyone has heard of this or even tried it?

https://www.trudosetherapy.com/

From the website:

TruDOSE™ IV platelet therapy is a patent pending regenerative treatment utilizing the healing power of your body’s own blood platelets. When given at the right dose, your platelets can restart your body’s immune and repair systems to get rid of systemic inflammation. Since 2018, TruDOSE™ IV platelet therapy has treated thousands of patients around the globe with systemic inflammation and chronic conditions and gained a word of mouth following from patients.

junkcrap50

Never heard of it.

Looks/sounds like literally PRP but they give it back to you via IV, which doesn't really make sense. They're putting back into you exactly what they took out, minus some serum. And they're not taking away enough serum to make any difference, unless they're drawing very large amounts of blood and requiring you to do MANY treatments, which is unlikely.

I can't conceive of how a dose specific PRP would matter or make sense, so this part sounds like BS to me:
  • The procedure begins with testing a few drops of your blood and is analyzed by TruDOSE™ Regenerative Technology.
  • TruDOSE™ Regenerative technology utilizes proprietary metrics and analytics to determine a personalized, dose-specific treatment meant only for you and your specific condition.
  • Within minutes of the analyzing, a specific amount of blood is drawn from your arm and processed via centrifugation.
  • A 15 minute, two step centrifugation process is executed by the clinical staff to produce your personalized, dose specific TruDOSE™ IV platelet therapy.
From my looking at their website, I would consider this a waste of money and would use the dollars trying something else.

Hope_eternal

Never heard of it.

Looks/sounds like literally PRP but they give it back to you via IV, which doesn't really make sense. They're putting back into you exactly what they took out, minus some serum. And they're not taking away enough serum to make any difference, unless they're drawing very large amounts of blood and requiring you to do MANY treatments, which is unlikely.

I can't conceive of how a dose specific PRP would matter or make sense, so this part sounds like BS to me:

From my looking at their website, I would consider this a waste of money and would use the dollars trying something else.
My sister is about to try it for a long term stomach issue she has had. It does sound too good to be true. There’s not a lot I can find in terms of people who have tried it. I’m not that adventurous to try something without a lot of backup for it. So until it’s studied I’m gonna put it on simmer.