• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tremors. Anything that helps?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
As in the title... has anybody managed to help their tremors?

Have you checked all your medications to see if this is a side effect of any of them. Even herbals can sometimes do this. I tried Otoba Bark recently and that gave me horrible inner tremors.

Sophiedw

Thank you for the replies :). My tremors are brought on by eating but also come on and off. Yesterday they were v extreme. It’s in my whole body but emanate from my core, they are coupled with a general lack of coordinating my movemen and other neurological nastiness. GABA supplement appears to keep them at bay.

I also get weird visual stuff which appears to be a combination of low lysine and tryptophan. I don’t understand why I’m suddenly very deficient in all neurotransmitters. It is very strange! I don’t have classical CFS but something unique and had a ‘crash’ 3 -4 weeks ago and just can’t get back on top of it at all. It seems ridiculous that I could suddenly be that low in all NTs and I wonder if I’m missing something central. Also all my amino acids appear to be at fine levels on a blood test. Urg.

Any suggestions of vitamins or nutrients known to regulate synthesis of neurotransmitters serotonin/GABA would be most graciously appreciated. B6 is definitely helping! Thanks guys 💖