• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Treatment for SIBO, leaky gut and general gut dysbiosis

bertiedog

Last year, around this time, I ate a cookie. One cookie. About 3 hours later, stabbing pain in the lower gut, cramps and diarrhea. Pain lasted through that night and into the next day. So yes, I avoid sugars.

Also, my SIBO test came back negative. Great, now what?

That is so disappointing but don't forget tests are never 100%. I don't know anything much about the GI Map to know what exactly they test, I am far more familiar with the Genova G I Effects which I have been trained in interpreting but supposedly there are similarities.

Did they use all these techniques that Genova use - "Genova uses a combination of PCR, culture, and microscopic methods to ensure any and all relevant organisms are identified". I have learned this is important because my recent stool test from Biomesight gave me a nil value for M Smithi the main methanogen whereas I had a relatively higher level show up when cultured in the G I Effects test and this of course fits with my long standing symptoms.

I wish it wasn't so complicated and that you got a much better insight into at least some of your issues.

How long did you do the Trio Smart breadth test for btw and presumably you have watched Dr Pimental's video explaining what the various values mean because I know there has been a lot of controversy around breath test results and their interpretation?

Pam

EddieB

which I have been trained in interpreting but supposedly there are similarities.
I could PM you the results if you would like to take a look.

How long did you do the Trio Smart breadth test for
2 hours, and I seemed to feel really sick about an hour after the test was completed. So maybe it needed longer.

the various values mean
I haven’t seen the actual results yet, so there may still be something to learn from it.

Rufous McKinney

Last year, around this time, I ate a cookie. One cookie.

Anyone noticed issues with: overall Digestive Cycle?

https://cleanse.net.au/blog/eating-with-our-natural-body-cycles/

That may ALSO being playing a role in- odd reactions to things like: ate a cookie. Ate six chips at 11 pm. Took an enzyme I don t normally take at 11:30.

Here they describe a general cycle, and not eating after 8 pm. So I tend to eat late, always have. And prefer to go to bed:eek:n a full stomach.

I know people who eat dinner and 6 pm and they are awake at 3 am starving- that could be me.

Interesting that 4 am is: when my elimination sagas and gut drama- generally start up.

So I see a pattern here of: if I decide to go nibbling after dinner (and for me, its never much, just a little) that seems to be capable of triggering- drama, throb, bloat, cramps etc.

EddieB

Anyone noticed issues with: overall Digestive Cycle?
Well, from everything I’ve read, everything you’re doing is not good...

My “ate a cookie/ almost died” was most likely the sugars.

But we’ve talked about this before, the recommendation is to not eat any more after dinner (5 to 7 pm) to allow an overnight fast. This gives roughly 12 hours for the cleansing process to take place.

And regardless, eating and lying down right afterwards is going to put extra stress on the stomach valve.

Also recommended is to do three separate meal a day, without picking in between. That one I can’t handle, I do small meals all day. Eating that much at one sitting definitely doesn’t not go well. I know, I tried it.

Yet some people can eat one meal a day, or chow down a ham sandwich at 2 am, with never a problem.
So there’s something else going on.

Rufous McKinney

Here is some interesting research on certain gut micro-organisms are affecting protein folding in our bodies.

https://www.bioworld.com/articles/506825-gut-microbiome-affects-protein-folding-in-brain-muscles

"Czyz has a two-hit hypothesis with respect to the development on neurodegeneration, where individuals who are predisposed to neurodegenerative diseases by carrying a protein-destabilizing mutation in their proteome will develop outright illness if they are also colonized with bacteria that increase protein misfolding."
Article reprints