• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transformational Breathing

I had a session on transformation breathing. It was about an hour and a half of breathing with the teacher's guidance. I felt lightheaded after the session probably to increase of oxygen, a little energetic, but it didn't last for more than couple of hours. I got the cd from their webiste: http://www.transformationalbreathing.com/ but didn't do it too much. I don't feel like it's for me. I do regular meditations which is more relaxing on the body...You can always try and see!

Sue C

Sue C
On Breathing with Intention

Although this is an older post, I found it quite helpful, especially the links to 'Inspirational Breathing'. Also visited UK Perrin sites on lymphatic txs for ME/CFS. It seems that I have been pulled, lately, back to these less invasive, self aware type thoughts and modalities. As others mention, with this complex mostly difficult to treat illness........ and a range of results experienced, it can be advantages to apply parts of/or more than one practice. My research today brings me back to a familiar, somewhat comfortable place to explore. Afterall, breathing in IS called 'inspiration' TBContiued. Sue C.

cgstar4

url=http://www.smileyshut.com/Smileys/Smiley-Huts-Free-Signs-Smileys.html]
thank-you.gif
[/url]
Danny

willow

Hi Danny,

I read your post ages ago, bought the book sometime in 2009 and only recently felt this was within my capabilites.

Yesterday I had my first lesson and I think it's going to suit me. The practitioner really listened and tailored the session to my ablities and limitations. (how refreshing!) My hands and from my toes to my thighs felt hot and energised in a positive way and my vision was a bit sharper too. Today i still feel a bit more together and have what I usually call detox pee and my diaphragm is a bit achy.

Usually this sort of thing makes me feel pretty rotten so it's a good start. If this turns out to sustain and build it will be only the 2nd practitioner lead therapy that has long term benefits....

Really just wanted to thank you for the info which I wouldn't have looked for myself.

BTW for me it's not about relaxing, nothing at all like meditiation which I'm a huge fan of, but it does feels centring and grounding and yet enlivening.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi, just read the link above and it sounds a lot like the bre3athing for rebirthing which i did for a while a few years back. I wasnt lookinmg for a cure then as i was ill but undiagnosed, but i have to say rebirthing did halp me alot. Im not sure how this helps M.E though. If it is similar then the technique does knid of involve intentional hyperventilation for a long period - it is very energising and also sharpens everything up afterwards.
I dont knpow if its similar but it just reminded me of it. Let us know how it goes.

wciarci

Wenderella
Hi everyone, I just started yoga a month ago and it has been transformative and breathing is a central part of it. I crashed at first but now don't crash. The only problem is insomnia (too much energy) if I do it late in the afternoon.

Wendy

willow

Hi Justy,

You're right it's like an intentional hyperventilating. I haven't tried bre3athing for rebirthing but I'm told that it focuses on the upper part of the breath and whereas this is about the full diaphragmatic breath.

The purpose of it is to open up the full breathing system. Since childhood I've felt deoxygenated and don't breath well, so I hope a sensible, helpful adjunct- not thinking of it in terms of 'the answer'.

I'm now detoxing heavily from it. but I will let you know what happens

Jenny

Interesting - I've been advised to do the opposite of this kind of breathing!

I'm trying to take more shallow breaths, and slow down breathing to less than 12 breaths per minute, with a long very gentle exhale. (Similar to Buteyko.)

This is because the level of CO2 in my tissues is much too low. It was low when measured 3 years ago and as I've got worse it's got even lower. Oxygen level is OK.

Am also doing 4 hours a day with a respirator that makes you rebreathe your exhaled CO2.

Jenny

Three years ago my body crashed and I have been unable to work since. At first I rarely got out of bed, let alone out of the house. A friend arranged for us to go to a Buddist Temple to learn Qi Gong. Others were sitting in a circle, I was laying on a mat. We learned several Breathing 'patterns' with combinations of inhaling, holding, exhaling and holding. The Qi Gong is what stopped the fight/flight rush that I had for years. The weird thing was that even after my body crashed, and I was unable to function normally, the rush remained! (for 9 months after the crash until Qi Gong)