• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transdermal Vitamin Experiences

xploit316

Hi everyone,

I was reading a post from forum member @Lolinda who similar to me, couldnt do oral supplementation due to SIBO related gut issues(fear of feeding gut bacteria) and she went the transdermal way for certain vitamins, Choline etc and saw better absorption. Im thinking of doing the same for Carnitine (for improving fat oxidation), Vitamin B2 (Histamine) and wanted to get feedback from those who have had success going the transdermal route.

1) Where on the body do you apply the vitamin powder or softgel?
2) Did you notice better absorption going transdermal?

Thanks,
Andy.

Marylib

I prefer transdermal - only thing I have now is transdermal magnesium. It's the next best thing to IV for avoiding digestion woes. I use it on the inner arms or inner thigh - rather than the more tough skin that gets exposed to the weather, etc.

pamojja

1) Where on the body do you apply the vitamin powder or softgel?
2) Did you notice better absorption going transdermal?

I have a severe Mg-deficiency where even up to 2.5 g of oral elemental Mg ellaviated the very pain-full muscle-cramps only somewhat. 3 years ago found GP who gave me almost monthly Mg-sulfate IVs since. Which finally after the 6th ceased the muscle-cramps. However, serum and whole blood-Mg declined meanwhile even further. It seems with the regular infusion my body thinks more is coming anyway, and busily stores it in depleted tissues (bones..) away from blood.

Now with lockdown regulation my GP stopped giving me IVs. Am meanwhile on 3g oral elemental Mg, and whenever sunbathing applying Mg-oil mixed with DSMO solution to the whole of my front side of my body. Definitely works better than the max. of 2.5g oral the last time.