• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tolerating Dapsone anemia?

5vforest

Question for those of you who have taken Dapsone: have you had an issues tolerating the folic acid-induced anemia that comes with it?

After a few weeks of Dapsone, my hemoglobin had dropped by 3 grams / dL (which Horowitz says is normal), but I started to get a whole host of anemia-like symptoms: my heart rate would spike easily, I would have shortness of breath, headaches, and I would get severe leg cramps.

I was on all of the supportive supplements and medications that Horowitz recommends.

I stopped the Dapsone and haven't restarted yet. (It's been a month or so.)

I was previously very optimistic about Dapsone, but dealing with the severity of these symptoms while I take it would be pretty rough. Kinda wondering... is it just me?

(Cross posted to Lymenet: http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/137366?#000002)

Last edited: