• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Today is ME/CFS Advocacy Day!

Emily Taylor

1587450331166.png

Today is ME/CFS Advocacy Day!
Not participating in meetings? If you have a few minutes throughout the day, you can still support and advocate for ME/CFS. All three actions should take less than 30 minutes. You can space out the actions throughout the day to help manage your energy. You can still support by….

1. Call Your Members of Congress
(Total time: about 10 mins)
Your call will only take 2-3 minutes each, where you will either speak with a staff member or leave a voicemail. Each call and voicemail are tallied up and provided to your Member of Congress! The more calls, the better.
We want to flood Congress with calls during ME/CFS Advocacy Week, especially on our dedicated “Can you hear M.E. now?” action on Thursday, April 23.
If you have the energy, you should make THREE phone calls:

1. Your 1st Senator
  2. Your 2nd Senator
  3. Your Representative
Click here for a script to use in your calls to Congress.

Click here to your Representative’s and Senator’s phone or fax number.

2. Post To Social Media
Social media is a great way to promote the Solve ME/CFS Advocacy Day. Follow the link here for 1-click direct share on Twitter and you can download versions to share on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social networks.

3. Send an Email to Your Representative and Senators
Increasingly, there are reports of COVID-19 survivors who aren’t getting better. Fever. Brain Fog. Joint pain. A body made out of lead. Feeling like a dead battery. A story that people with ME/CFS recognize and know intimately. Solve M.E. is calling for immediate response measures for ME/CFS in the next COVID-19 response package. We are recommending $60m to be authorized for NIH post-viral neuroimmune research, specifically focusing on ME/CFS and COVID-19.

We need your voice to urge Congress to authorize $60 million for NIH post-viral neuroimmune research, specifically focusing on ME/CFS and COVID-19.

Send your message to Congress by clicking here

4. Tweet at Your Representative and Senators
(Total time: less than 5 mins)
Send a tweet on tagging your Members of Congress and tell them why they need to support ME/CFS. Not sure who your Members of Congress are, or how to tag them on Twitter? No problem, we’ve got you covered! Fill out the webform to get started and we’ll customize Twitter posts for you!

Get your customized Twitter posts by filling out the webform here

Full Schedule of ME/CFS Advocacy Week Online Events
Now Available!

Our ME/CFS Advocacy Week takes place online from April 19 to April 26, 2020. Stay home, stay safe, and make your voice heard by phone, email or social media! This year, we are on track to have the biggest ME/CFS Advocacy Day yet, with over 300 participants registered so far!

Solve M.E. is pleased to announce the full online transition of your ME/CFS Advocacy Week schedule. Our team is working overtime to make sure you’ll have all the same tools and support for your meetings and actions from home as you would have in-person. Check out these expanded opportunities to make your voice heard, from the comfort of home!

Click on the schedule to view the interactive version:

schedule_4_21_min.png