• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

To which lengths do you go to avoid Covid19?

lenora

Why so many vaccines at one time? The COVID vaccines should be given 5-6 mos. after the initial 1 or 2 vaccines given in the first instance. It's up to everyone if they get the flu vaccine.

I think I don't get much in the way of a reaction b/c my immune system is down and out anyway. So isolation is best....but then I don't get to see my children or grandchildren, and have little opportunity to see some of the grandchildren b/c they're away at university now.

We're supposed to go to San Francisco (I have a daughter, son-in-law & grandchildren there), but I can see that in all likelihood I won't be making that trip. My husband will go....it depends on what is "out there" at the time. Viruses are everywhere even at the best of times. My daughter has had COVID, and was sick, but not horribly for about a week. Then immunizations became available for her age group and she has had them...just waiting for the booster now. I know it's dangerous for me, but it's also dangerous not to see them. Her children are now teens and don't know their grandparents as they once did. This is not good. If I tell her I'm not coming, she'll arrange to be here for Thanksgiving and I don't want that either.

So another year is taken out of our lives. Families lose the close contact they once had and children grow up not knowing their grandparents b/c let's face it, once they get to university it's a "contact the family at home wasteland." And this is just how life goes. Yours, Lenora.

nerd

I use Ivermectin and an antiviral carrageenan nasal spray as prophylaxis, N95 mask-wearing in public, and I even disinfect all the stuff I buy when I get home, including my hands of course. I also change my clothes, so I can't catch it from touching them. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, I caught infections all the time. So I became very aware of hand touching and hand cleaning years before.

lenora

Thanks @nerd.....Yes, I also wear an N95 mask, as does my husband, but I don't use Ivermetic or an anti-viral nasal spray. I have really severe allergies and am simply getting older and wearing out. This happens.

Like you, I take my clothes off when out and they immediately go into the washing machine. I've even become allergic to the antibacterial wipes and liquid pumps now, so I'm doing the best I can. My husband takes great care to not bring anything home to me. It's a problem. I now want to have all of our groceries delivered....he loves getting out to Walmart and the hardware store. Appreciate your tips. Yours, Lenora.

This thread is therapeutic :) Lately people started to give me weird looks when I say that despite being fully vaccinated I still change my clothes after being outside and let my groceries "decontaminate" for two days or so before touching them again. So it's nice to hear of others doing the same ;)

Last edited:

Rvanson

I hope to catch it, if it kills me, so be it. Vaccines seem like garbage anyways, and my trip down this illness seems to have started with a flu vaccine!

GG

I've never taken the regular flu shot in my life. I've also never had the flu since I became ill with ME/CFS. I'll take my chances with COVID-19. Like I said, I've tested negative for it twice. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the flu vaccine. I've never trusted it to put me back bedbound. These new COVID-19 vaxxines have actually killed people including a Florida doctor and a 13-year-old boy among many, many other people, unfortunately.

Rvanson

Lenora,

I have nothing against homosexuals, and yes, they have been with us since the beginning. I do have some beefs with them, however.

1. The homosexual lobby has been pushing hard to allow them to donate blood once more, possibly transmitting the HIV virus to people who have blood transfusions. I voluntarily quit donating blood as I don't wish to ever give anyone whatever causes ME/CFS. Lesbians can indeed donate blood as they are very low risk, but not male homosexuals as they are high risk for transmitting the HIV virus. Same thing goes for bisexual men as well.

2. This "Chasing the bug" nonsense is illogical to say the least. Who in the world would actually WANT to contract the HIV virus, particularly young men? Amanda Blake, "Miss Kitty" of "Gunsmoke" fame, died at 60, due to her bisexual husband's affairs with HIV positive men, and gave her the HIV/AIDS disease, resulting in her early death.

I haven't changed anything to avoid getting Covid. I wear a mask when required to be polite to others who are afraid and also bc I don't want to be harassed. I don't think hand sanitizer is good so I don't use it. I'm not vaccinated and not planning on getting it. I'm in a low risk age category and other than my pain and fatigue issues I'm technically a paragon of good health, I don't smoke and I also think if my time is to come and it's through Covid that's fine I'm not going to stop living bc eventually I will die from something. I could walk outside and be run over, chances of that seem much higher actually bc I walk a lot.

I still prefer things to be in person. but it has been very convenient to have some Drs appointments by telehealth. I also find the mask convenient when I look horrendous bc of my skin issues like my face turning red and hyperpigmentation plus the fatigue and baggy eyes and ptosis eye, it can be nice to have the mask to hide behind.