• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

tissue problems

Hello,

I have big problems with all muscles in the body. they hurt and burn, especially when I sit on hard chairs it is very painful. it is also painful for the back to lean on a hard backrest . I also suffer from more and more getting looser tissue. There are some places where the tissue is swollen: near the ankle, on stomach. it feels as strained and injured muscles and injured tissue.
Has anyone similar problems and what can one do about it? (movement or training makes it worse.)
Is muscle pain a result of diminishing muscles and tissue?

yes, fibromyalgia and cfs has been diagnosed 4 years ago.

no no, I mean loose fasciae (hope this is the right word). fasciae are round the muscles and can get loose......when I use a muscle the fasciae around beginns to hurt and feels overstrained.

I tried some supplements, but because of gut problems I had to stop them all (and there was not found any severe lack of anything in blood-tests.....) I changed my food completley, much more healthy food!

thank you:)

Eastman

I am not familiar with loose fascia.

Sorry about the gut problem. I don't know exactly what your gut problem is but I do know from personal observation that gut problems often make it difficult to take supplements.

I don't know whether you've seen this or the relevance to your case but this post describes a case of chronic muscle and myofascial pain that was relieved by magnesium IV. Magnesium can also be taken transdermally in the form of an oil spray.

As for assessing nutrient deficiencies from blood tests, you're probably aware that they are not always reliable.

nanonug

I tried some supplements, but because of gut problems I had to stop them all

If you have gut problems, there is a decent possibility that you are deficient in important nutrients. Addressing your gut problems should be a priority. If you are willing to describe what you problems are, people may be able to give you some ideas here.

thank you.

yes, by massaging some "trigger points" it hurts less for some time. maybe I should learn more about it......I recently found some youtube videos, but the positive effect was only for a very short time.....

as to the gut: yes, I will buy a magnesium spray, makes sense. I think I will read the posts about "gut problems/nuitrition" and maybe write there another post.

Thank you very much:)

ok. thank you. I started in the meanwhile with vitamins, including all B-vitamins, in a very low dose. I bought magnesium as a spray. both works (for the gut) if the dose is low.(about a quarter of the daily recommended dose) I think I will wait for 2-3 month to see if something happens. I think B-vitamins should always be taken all together, not just one B-vitamine or 2 on their own......and I try to massage regularly the trigger points that hurt..... and try to remain positive :)

Eastman

Looks like a good approach.

The biotin would be a long shot for you anyway. I'm guessing that your fibromyalgia is likely related to your fascia problem, so more likely to be collagen-related than biotin-related, while gut problems can be due to so many other things.

do you take any prescriptions?

no. for acute pain I drink tea of willow bark , seems to help a little, and stop doing any activities, that helps also . it takes a little time, about 3-4 days. then make again the deal with myself: not to overdo and force things and hope I behave more clever the next time :)

I'm assuming your doctor recommended prescriptions in the past but you decided to go all natural or cause of their side effects?