• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips on applying for long-term disability

I'm applying for long-term disability with my insurance company next week (I have CFS). Can anyone supply some tips of dos and don'ts? Much appreciated.

I

Denise

Which country are you in?

You can search the forum for long-term disability - there's lots of information here.

I'm in Canada. I've gotten lots of good information from this site and others. Hoping from some firsthand accounts of what worked and what didn't.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Read Linda Nee's blogs. I think they are posted here. link below.

She's in the US but her info helped me immensely. Not kidding. And I think it's more about what company vs what country you are in

They all have the same bottom line. Make money. And to do that they deny claims. And thet have a special hatred for CFS. I don't want to scare you but be scared. This is no joke. Read as much if her stuff that you can.

I will tell you this. It's about what you cannot do, not what you can do. The more you tell them what you can do, thinking that will help, it's just one more thing they Will use to deny you. They want to deny you.

I never talked to them on the phone. I faxed them and politely said I'm happy to answer your questions. Please send them in writing. Don't go on their website.

https://lindanee.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@if you want more info ask. I've learned a lot over 20 yrs. I don't want to bombard you.

They are not your friends.

Amazing information, thanks so much. I'm not applying right away but I may pick your brain with more specific questions in the future. Thanks again. I