• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tinnitus

Emmarose47

Does anyone have any logic to offer?

When I use screens my tinnitus increases this makes no sense .. I'm just browsing for leisure Google etc .. there is no stress involved apart from my eyes ... I'm not having any sound on .

I am getting screaming head pain in temples when I over exert and also headache in my eyes ...
Maybe the tinnitus is somehow linked to my eyes ?

Wishful

Maybe the brain activity from screen watching stimulates the hearing section too. Maybe focusing on vision turns off your 'don't pay attention to the tinnitus' training.

I haven't noticed the correlation with my tinnitus, but I'll try to pay more attention to that.

Rufous McKinney

I think the tinnitus is coming from the brain, not the ears...(in my case).

Using the computer is thinking. Thinking is exertion. Exertion runs us down.

My brainy tinnitus is starting up early in the day ever since I recently got an acute stomach issue.

the Trigeminal nerve area is also a rather busy spot. The temples are nearby...

I've been using some CBD-type skin cremes apply to inflamed nerve places like my jaw. I use a type with no other scents (no smelly stuff)

I think its a stress response because of the artificial light. I was unable to look at a computer screen for nearly half a year because of this, only a few minutes would make me feel overstimulated. I tried just gazing at the screen as well without doing anything active and no thinking, the response was equal.

I then did a couple of sessions of a meditation variant i came up with myself and suddenly i was able to use my computer for hours every day again. Im guessing its a mix of dysautonomia and brain blood flow that has been slightly improved because of stress reduction.

Last edited:

Emmarose47

Good to hear yall
Anyone know about blue light glasses can they be worn over normal glasses ?