• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tinnitus finally rid of ringing in my ears

juniemarie

This has been going on for well over a year. It is truly a nerve wracking symptom. I started wondering if maybe it was something with my sinuses and for some reason I thought maybe it had to do with yeast/fungus so got some Yeast-Cleanse by Solaray and have been taking 1/2 a dose daily for 3 days and today a miracle happened….the ringing stopped. I feel so clear headed and calm. The inside of my head is quiet! Its like someone was running a jackhammer outside my window for a year and then one day stopped. I am so thankful. So if this is a symptom thats bothering you you may want to give it a try.

juniemarie

I really can't answer that question. The ingredients in it are used for other things like bacterial and viral but its mostly for yeast/fungus. Its the only thing I have tried thats worked and worked quickly. I am also opening up the cap and mixing it with water to see if it will help my other odd symptom this nasty sort of metallic taste in my mouth…..it seems to me helping with that but lets see what happens after a few days. My lungs and sinuses seem much clearer today also. I usually have quite a bit of congestion when I first wake up maybe it will help that too….I will report back in a few days. I didn't even know I had yeast

Wayne

That's great news JuneMarie. I have a quick suggestion; if you edited the title of your thread and added "tinnitus", it could be helpful in the future for somebody searching for relief for their own tinnitus. --- This recent 8-minute PBS segment "Constant Ringing" mentions some of the brain aspects of tinnitus.

At the 4:48 mark of this video, it has some amazing information on how tinnitus can sometimes be eliminated by stimulating the basal ganglia part of the brain. I wonder if the therapy that's working for you is targeting your brain function more than anything else.

Last edited:

juniemarie

@Wayne Good idea but I will just add it at the end since I don't really think of it as tinnitus even though thats what it is LOL Thanks for the link to the video. Targeting my brain….never thought of that, but its sure something to think about. Maybe the video will give me some new clues

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
The ingredients in it are used for other things like bacterial and viral but its mostly for yeast/fungus. Its the only thing I have tried thats worked and worked quickly. I am also opening up the cap and mixing it with water to see if it will help my other odd symptom this nasty sort of metallic taste in my mouth…..it seems to me helping with that but lets see what happens after a few days. My lungs and sinuses seem much clearer today also. I usually have quite a bit of congestion when I first wake up maybe it will help that too….I will report back in a few days. I didn't even know I had yeast

If the tinnitus is due to one or both ears being blocked, maybe the taste in your mouth is from the blockage passing from your ear into your throat. I get horrendous halitosis when this happens
after prolonged blockage when the ear wax has gone brown and smelly!

MeSci

@MeSci
isn't ear wax always brown?

Mine is only a relatively dark brown when it is smelly, which I assume is because it has stagnated due to blockage. Usually when I clean my ears there is just a small amount of a light-coloured secretion.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'm interested because - well its an ME thing.......I started with this illness with a viral infection in my ear, my left ear in particular is odd...I still get pain, burning and funny sensations, something not right, maybe its where the virus lurks is what I think.
So I cover my ears when I have a shower and just clean my ears with a little water and buds, they never get a good clean out - this bothers me but I know I feel worse when I've let water get into my ears.
The wax (TMI) is always brown. I don't know that what I do is healthy........

MeSci

I'm interested because - well its an ME thing.......I started with this illness with a viral infection in my ear, my left ear in particular is odd...I still get pain, burning and funny sensations, something not right, maybe its where the virus lurks is what I think.
So I cover my ears when I have a shower and just clean my ears with a little water and buds, they never get a good clean out - this bothers me but I know I feel worse when I've let water get into my ears.
The wax (TMI) is always brown. I don't know that what I do is healthy........

There is a thread from a while back about ear problems - not sure if it refers to colour, but many of us have ear problems like yours and have tried various solutions with varying levels of success. Maybe you could find it with a title search for 'ears' or 'tinnitus' or similar. I quoted from Erica Verrillo's book in one such thread, as she cites a connection with lymph glands/nodes.

Bob

Please be careful with Caprylic Acid. It's a corrosive and hazardous acid, and exposure can cause permanent tissue injury. I'm not sure why it is allowed to be taken internally. In concentrated form, I imagine it would attack the lining of the stomach, which probably isn't helpful for many ME patients already with an already inflamed or weakened gut lining.

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I just started having a problem with tinnitus which I am linking to Valtrex. I upped my dose to 750 Friday and after feeling miserable monday the tinnitus started, or that's when I noticed it since it's not that loud.

I read on a tinnitus forum that some people's is from a virus so I'm thinking the Valtrex is pissing off the HHV6 virus.

And yet another thing.

roxie60

This has been going on for well over a year. It is truly a nerve wracking symptom. I started wondering if maybe it was something with my sinuses and for some reason I thought maybe it had to do with yeast/fungus so got some Yeast-Cleanse by Solaray and have been taking 1/2 a dose daily for 3 days and today a miracle happened….the ringing stopped. I feel so clear headed and calm. The inside of my head is quiet! Its like someone was running a jackhammer outside my window for a year and then one day stopped. I am so thankful. So if this is a symptom thats bothering you you may want to give it a try.

Please keep us informed if this permanently resolves your tinnitus. That would be an awesome find. Tinnitus has been a constant torture since Jan 2009. I would love to get rid of it. Are there any issues taking Solaray and other supps / meds?

roxie60

Tinnitus has been really loud and annoying the last few weeks. So tired of the high pitch hiss. Constant 24x7x365 snce Jan 2009, argh! Never a break, somedays just feels like a constant torture. Sometimes I can ignore it but other cant, even interpheres with concentrating on reading or listening to others.

Wayne

Tinnitus has been really loud and annoying the last few weeks. So tired of the high pitch hiss. Constant 24x7x365 snce Jan 2009, argh! Never a break, somedays just feels like a constant torture. Sometimes I can ignore it but other cant, even interpheres with concentrating on reading or listening to others.

Hi @roxie60,

I can soooo relate to your difficulties with tinnitus. Mine just started about a month ago from taking a single dose of an ototoxic, anticholinergic drug (Promethazine). Was wondering how your tinnitus is doing these days, and if you been able to get any kind of relief from it. I just discovered this past week that massaging the cochleovestibular nerve in the back of my head is helping some, and hope it will help even more as I continue to work on it.

@juniemarie, I'm very curious if you continue to be tinnitus free after all this time. I hope so!!!!​