• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tinnitus Cure May Lie in the Brain - NIH

CBS

I developed severe tinnitus at the same time that a number of other autonomic issues were getting much worse. The anti-viral acyclovir greatly reduced both my tinnitus and my severe headaches.

I developed severe tinnitus at the same time that a number of other autonomic issues were getting much worse. The anti-viral acyclovir greatly reduced both my tinnitus and my severe headaches.

hi CBS do you have to take acyclovir on-going, or was it one course, or what? thanks. I have a really bad case.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation

Not sure if they coincided or not, but have you noticed any correlation between desmopressin and tinnitus?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I recently saw a commercial for some over the counter medicine that treats tinnitus due to poor circulation. Ofcourse I can't remember the name. I was suprised because I did not know poor circulation to the ear could cause tinnitus.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
TY for posting this

I havent tried acyclovir -

Is ringing in the ears common in many of us too

glen

I have a fire truck in my ear all the time. It's almost all in my right ear and I only have 20% hearing in my right ear. I had a hearing aid and that helped some, but not sure why that helped. Lost my hearing aid about 9 months ago which made the tinnitus flare up. I quit Klonopin about 6 months ago and it has become even worse since then. Klonopin was the best thing that I have taken to lessen the tinnitus.

HowToEscape?

Tinnitis is a diabolical torture for anyone with with a bit of intelligence. I'd rather have cancer, given the choice.

fla

I've been starting to suffer from mild tinnitis in the past few months. Is there anything that can prevent it from getting worse?