• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1 injections?

Davsey27

Curious for any of you have found restoration of nk cell function from this or have heard of this who have made dramatic improvements?

I have heard it can help with nk cells,herpes,fungus(alot of us seem to have mold)

I know injections can run 300-400 a month so.just double checking to see what others may have experienced

Thank you

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm sorry. I have not tried Thymosin Alpha 1 but I do use thymus glandulars when I feel like I'm catching something. I have a discontinued brand that I keep in the refrigerator. I open the cap and mix it with ascorbic acid (Vitamin c) and swallow with water making sure to gargle it a bit and it will take down a sore throat in one or two doses max. Plus, it starts to numb the throat within 5-10 minutes.

It's my poor person's version. :)

I also found this article on healthrising just now about other ways to increase NK function: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...ic-fatigue-syndrome-three-natural-ways-boost/

I'm learning more about the mushrooms now.

I haven't read the whole thing but thought you might find it interesting. Maybe there is something there that would work the same way but be cheaper???

Also the doctor mentioned is in Florida, I believe. Are you there now? She also talks about mold illness on her website. She isn't an MD but still might be helpful though she probably wouldn't be covered by insurance. :(

Edit: Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your original question. Oh, I just also found an old thread on it: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/thymosin-alpha-1.61531/

Ruthie24

I noticed help with my joint pain (and radicular symptoms) with the TA-1 injections. Seems to be hard to get now. I had stopped using it for a couple months and really noticed the difference.

Haven't tested NK cells to see if those have improved from the almost non-existant levels they were when last measured.